td 130 tuning

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
Hey all...just posting on behalf of a friend really.

Hes got an audi a3 1.9 TD. 130bhp model. I know this is a seat forum...but the engine is the same.

So, thought id ask as this is the place with the knowledge...he wants to tune it..and he wants over 300 ft-lbs torque.

What are his options? Seen revo's remap..Nice figure from that alone...Or would you recomend something custom?

And what else is available?

Thanks all,

Jay

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Quite a lot of threads about tuning the PD130s and what tuners/remaps are available, I'd suggest having a look through them :)

If you're wanting over 300lbft torque then it's likely you'll be looking at an uprated clutch too.

CupraJay

20v T - Its where its at!
Jan 17, 2006
South Wales
My thoughts exactly. Bassically, someone in the area has an astra 888...And my friend is adamant on beating his figures.

bellautos

Hes got an audi a3 1.9 TD. 130bhp model. I know this is a seat forum...but the engine is the same.

So, thought id ask as this is the place with the knowledge...he wants to tune it..and he wants over 300 ft-lbs torque.

What are his options? Seen revo's remap..Nice figure from that alone...Or would you recomend something custom?

Thanks all,

Jay

I have a dealer/installer in Cardiff if you decide on a remap from a non revo company.

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Personally I'd stay below 300lbs/ft.
That way you can leave the clutch and air filter as standard (ie no more costs if you're on a budget).
Over 300 you'll need a better than standard clutch and probably have to spend money on air intake stuff as well.

See my avatar for my remap numbers.
Guy.

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Is the clutch the same on the quatrro as in the FWD (may seem a silly question but not sure:redface: ) Would the clutch if it was different in the quattro be able to withstand more torque than the stf FWD?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon

Thanks all,

Jay

This is what is possible mate.
http://www.allardmotorcompany.com/pages/products/products-cat6.asp?cat=6

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members