Tdi Faq

prc

Sooty Meister
Hi everyone,

FAQ STATUS: In progress
Final FAQ information will also be available on the SCNSSC site:

http://www.seatcupra.net/~scnssc/

Any information no matter how small is greatly appreciated..:)

This FAQ is meant as a guide to help answer question solely related to TDI tuning, maintenance, and TDI engine related problems. It's a collection of years of experience running TDI's by all the members of this forum..:)

Use this as a guide. We make no guarantees as to the accuracy of this document, so use at your own risk. The owners and administrators of SEATCUPRA.NET will not be liable for any damage incured after trying something stupid, and completely destroying you TDI Seat, VW, Skoda, or Audi :p :dope:

With that done let's all get to work....

sssstew

Editing your spelling
down on power
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28031

Ian - thanks for directing that tuning box question, allowed me to do this for the faq as well ;) oh and if u want any help condensing some of these threads down into web pages for the proper FAQ Html webpage rather than links to forum stuff i can help.. let me know.

td box for 110 owners

pics of box
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26559

What sort of box would i need?
Either a 8 or 10 pin tuning box, dependant on age of car, but generally any 2000 onwards cars are 10 pins on the connector to the fuel pump. Can be found under the engine cover, behind the dipstick. Generally any tuning box for the old 90 or 110 engine is suitable, but two people I know have a www.tdperformance.co.uk one with good results.

where do i get one from?
From the web site above if u want one of them, but there are loads now available on ebay, where they can be bought for as cheap as £99

how easy are they to fit?
Simple, just remove engine cover, unplug socket as above pug in the box, put engine cover back on.

When fitted, what would bhp, torque and performance figures go up to? For your 110, you can expect another 30bhp and 30lb ft of torque. You can expect to knock a second or two off your performance figures.

Price isn't really an option, but i need something so that the dealer will not find out about it, and so lose the warranty Then the plug in box is best, as you can remove it with out trace come service or warranty time.

There is an alternative of getting the ECU rempapped by the likes of Revo or Cctech, but these are not ENTIRELY untraceable come service time if the engineer knows what to look for, where as a box is as its removed. And the remaps don’t give you any more power than the tuning boxes currently.

Happy to help
Stew

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Originally posted by sssstew

Ian - thanks for directing that tuning box question, allowed me to do this for the faq as well ;) oh and if u want any help condensing some of these threads down into web pages for the proper FAQ Html webpage rather than links to forum stuff i can help.. let me know.

Happy to help
Stew
;) No problem mate, I knew you were the man to talk to!

I think I'll take you up on that offer when the time comes :p - thanks :D

:cheers: Ian

prc

Sooty Meister
Brake Info (off Galfer Catalog):

Arosa___1.7SDI/1.4TDI____97->_______239x18mm
Ibiza/
Cordoba_1.9SDI___________6/96-8/99__239X12mm
"__"__"_1.9TDI_(90Hp)____" - "______239X12mm
"__"__"_1.9TDI_(110Hp)___97-8/99____256X20mm
____________________________________280X22mm (SPORT)
____________________________________226X10mm (REAR)
"_"(II)_1.9SDI/TDI(90Hp)_9/99->_____239X20mm
"_"__"__1.9TDI_(110)_____9/99->_____256X20mm
____________________________________280X22mm (SPORT)
____________________________________226X10mm (REAR)
Leon/
Toledo (II)__1.9TDI______99 ->______280X22mm
____________________________________232X9mm (REAR)
_____________1.9TDI PD (130/150)____288X25mm
Leon Cupra4_________________________256X20mm (REAR)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members