TDI Reference sport

Darren

Nov 20, 2001
Leigh on Sea
Visit site
Looking to come back to the fold with a TDI Reference sport

The impreza has now gone and it’s time to tighten the money belts now we are down to one salary.

We have been struggling with the MCS and it ain’t funny with a 3 month old baby!!

I can have a brand new TDI Reference sport for £11,500 in silver.

Should I or should I be looking at something else??

P0LKR

Nov 13, 2005
Newton Mortgage, Glasgow
i just bought the exact same one for my wife as we are starting a family... its very nice to drive considering it has 105bhp.....in fact i take it out all the time as a wee change from my LC

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
i picked one up two weeks ago and as its my first diesel car im well happy with it!

i was worried about it only having 105bhp but im sure REVO can sort out that one when she's run in a bit! lol

any one spoken to them about the 10bhp Tdi as its not on their list!

bungle

Just ordered one of these, I pick it up tomorrow.

I was a bit miffed to find that even though it's a 1.9TDI it has a single pea-shooter tail pipe. All other 1.9TDI's seem to have a twin pipe which looks a bit more racy! Is this normal? The dealer seems to think it's just luck of the draw!

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
Nah mines got a single pea shooter!

but iv been looking up the seat catalogue, they've got a nice silver twin pipe in there.

mind you is it me or have most manufactor's have been fitting strait rear pipe's on their diesels and not pipes facing downwards?

at least you cant tell its a petrol burner instead.

N

bungle

Oh well, at least its not just mine then. The car came with the chrome style wing mirrors and some nice sill protectors for free (and I didn't ask for them either!) so I won't complain.

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
if you can i would like to see some pictures of the crome wing mirror's as im thinking of getting some myself!

and for free you lucky sod!

bungle

Ours has already got a fault....the air diverter control on the heater has jammed! Joy!

newbi

Golden Member
Jan 7, 2006
bungle said:
Ours has already got a fault....the air diverter control on the heater has jammed! Joy!

how does that afect your car!

as mine is booked in for next week cos its taking ages to warm up and if i slow down on the Mway in traffic say (40-50Mph) or driving round town the heating goes cold agian! unless its on fullblast!

is that the same problem as yours?

Oh and got an Email from Revo the other day they will have an upgrade ready for the end of Feb for the 105Bhp Tdi.:D

cheers

N

bungle

how does that afect your car!

Well in means that you can't clear the windscreen for a start as the air was stuck blowing in your face!

Anyway, it's been sorted very quickly by Listers Coventry this afternoon.

Incidentally, we've noticed that the heater can be a bit iffy...I just put this down to the diesel engine as I've experienced a similar thing with a diesel peugeot I used to drive.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members