TDI sport 130 2005

v5r

I am currently looking at buying a 2005 TDI sport 5 door which is advertised as a 130.

Can someone please give some advise? Is this car a 130BHP?? I didnt think they were made any more? how can I tell for sure if its the 130 model? it has a 6 speed box which is a sure sign I think, just worried that its not genuine though.

also when i enter the registration into insurance websites its listed as a 100bhp...

maybe I am being paranoid, but want to be sure before I part with lots of money

thanks for your help

v5r

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Sounds like it is a 130 mate!

100PD only have a 5 speed as far as I can remember!

130Pd def have the 6 speed

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
Just re read the thread there

If its a 2005 then maybe it is a only a 100bhp cos the Sport was replaced by the FR model which is 130Pd

You sure it has a 6 speed box?

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
could be a 6 speed sticker on the gear knob if the dealer is v dodgy ,

easy way is to check the headlights if they have 2 projectors on each side its a 130

other is to pop the carpet up in the boot , there is a paper sticker on the metal floor , the engine code for a 130 is ASZ and for the 100 it is ATD , this will also be under the bonnet and in the car books ,

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Is this a private sale or a dealer (or car supermarket)?

If it's any kind of retailer then at least know you're protected by consumer law. If it turns out not to be what it was described as then you're entitled to your money back.

There is the complication that its year of registration may not correspond to its year of manufacture. It could be an old spec car that has only recently been registered.

Either way, why not voice your concerns to the seller (regardless of whether they're private or trade)? Do it tactfully and explain that it's because SEAT changed the model specifications in a confusing way when they introduced the FR, and see if they give a convincing explanation for the apparent discrepancy.

You could also ask to see the registration document - which of course you should do anyway if you're buying privately.

v5r

Hi,

driven the car and definately 6 speed, also has tcs button by the hand brake. I will check the code on the sticker under the boot floor for correct code.

will the V5 document show the BHP?????

by the way its from a main dealer, ex demo car,
when did they stop the sport 130 and start selling the FR and what will I be missing from the sport compared to FR??????

cheers

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Check the 10th digit of the chassis number for the build year of the car. There is a chance it is a TDi Sport on an 05 plate and it was just sitting around a couple of years before it was registered.

Sounds a bit dodgy that the insurance sites list it as 100bhp though... That means thats what it says on the V5 and is therefore what the dealer sent of the paper work for it to be.

sted

random wierdo
not nesescarily it could by a typo my last car when i got the insurance through said fiesta 1.3 zetec when it was a 1.6 Zetec S as i believe these things are entered by hand mistakes do ahppen. And insurance sites on the not may just be select from a drop down esp if u dont have the reg to hand and as the sport on an 05 plate is normally a 100 then thats the option you get

BlackFR said:
Check the 10th digit of the chassis number for the build year of the car. There is a chance it is a TDi Sport on an 05 plate and it was just sitting around a couple of years before it was registered.

Sounds a bit dodgy that the insurance sites list it as 100bhp though... That means thats what it says on the V5 and is therefore what the dealer sent of the paper work for it to be.

v5r

just checked dvla list for info, the car is listed but no model info, only states co2 at 132g/km which doesnt match the spec for the 100 or the 130.

i need to call the dealer and get engine number i think...

what year did they stop making 130 sports?????????

v5r

rac site says 3 door hatch.

this is getting worse the car is a 5dr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3dr,5dr,100bhp,130bhp grey,silver ibiza sport!!!!!!!!!!!! now I'm confused

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
sted said:
pd130 tdi sport has oil temp and battery voltage gauge i dont think any other ibiza does (apart from possibly cupras)
Not all of them... My MY03 definately has, but cpufreak's MY04 didn't. :shrug:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.