Team GTR - Leon Cupra R

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Decided it was time to share with you fellow forum friends :)

PURCHASING

Took me a while to decide which car to go for as I had a bit of a criteria. Something had to catch my eye and needed to be well built, quick and most importantly tunable. I saw a black LCR drive by me and it instantly caught my eye so after some deep researching I decided this was the car for me. Shame I didn't research the insurance aspect as I was only 21 when I got the car so as you could imagine........................wham, oh well ;)

Found an absolute gem for sale from a Seat dealer, Humphris Oxford. Here are a couple of pics when I purchased the car:

Lg512147-01.jpg

Lg512147-04.jpg

TUNING

Well the car was always destined to be tuned so with much help from several forums I have been able to slowly get a good list of modifications together with some clear goals on the rest.

Engine
  • Pipercross Cone Filter with 3" Cold Air Feed Jabbasport Heat Shield
  • Forge 007p (Yellow Spring)
  • Polished Charge Pipe & Manifold
  • Forge Alloy Strut Tops
  • Forge Water & Oil Caps
  • J Caps Online Water Reservoir & Steering Oil Caps
  • Polished Throttle Body Cover
  • SFS 3" TIP
  • Oil Catch Can and PCV Removal
  • Mocal Oil Cooler
  • Forge 1.8T Upper Silicone Boost Hoses
  • N249 Bypass
  • Custom Front Mount Intercooler
  • Intake Phenolic Insulator Gasket
  • Custom Exhaust System (Decat)
  • AMD Stage 2 Remap

Power
  • Max Power 288bhp, 323lb/ft (previous result, unknown since new modifications have been fitted)

Transmission / Handling
  • Front Upper Strut Brace
  • 15mm FK Bolt On Front Wheel Spacers
  • 20mm FK Bolt On Rear Wheel Spacers
  • Golf R32 23mm Front Anti Roll Bar
  • Neurspeed 25mm Rear Anti Roll Bar
  • Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers
  • Awesome GTI Heavy Duty Clutch & Solid Flywheel
  • Hughes Engineering Rear Strut Brace
  • Superpro Polyurethane Bushes - Full Kit

Brakes
  • 4 Pot Brembo Brakes
  • EBC Ultimax Front Brake Discs & Ferodo DS2500 Race Brake Pads
  • OEM Rear Discs and OEM Brake Pads
  • Motul RBF660 brake fluid

Electronics
  • Pioneer DEH-3200UB
  • Blitz Mirror Drive Boost Gauge (Carbon Face)

Wheels / Tyres
  • Summer Wheels: Rota Gravel 18x8j ET48 with Toyo T1 Sport Tyres
  • Winter Wheels: Leon Cupra R Wheels with Toyo T1R Tyres

Exterior
  • VW Aero Front Wipers
  • Fabia Rear Wiper
  • Phillips Bluevision Headlights & LED Sidelights
  • LED Numberplate Lights
  • Brembo Caliper Refurb
  • Custom D.K Front Splitter

Interior
  • Recaro Seats (Front & Rear)
  • Parcel Shelf Boot Tray
  • Boot Liner/Mat Tray
  • Richbrook Cupra R Tax Disc Holder

To Do
  • Paint Correcting/Detailing

UP TO DATE PICTURES

With LCR Wheels:

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

With Rota Wheels:

a5f885880f3250c040dbe800c4bb79a5_zps02538c89.jpg

b5e29022784bc480f681cf81a2827f40_zpsa8ef68c5.jpg

gungrey-lcr.jpg

gungrey-lcr1.jpg

gungrey-lcr2.jpg

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
@STUSSY Cheers mate :)

@Poverty You have indeed mate, was great meeting you and hopefully will get a ride in the beast of a TTRS of yours some time

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Lovely car El! Good mods and the best colour :) Certainly looks a minter and your modding it very well. Polished charge and mani look great, I got the charge pipe now but need mani next...

Hope to see you at the AMD rolling road day? Think us platinum's should get some photo's all together!

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thanks for the nice comment Tom. Should be at the AmD RR day, hoping to have the car at stage 2 by then just need to get my finger out and get it done.

Think I have seen your car once around Orpington, you gave me way to pass. See how loyal us LCR owners are lol

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks for the nice comment Tom. Should be at the AmD RR day, hoping to have the car at stage 2 by then just need to get my finger out and get it done.

Think I have seen your car once around Orpington, you gave me way to pass. See how loyal us LCR owners are lol

Cool :) Stage 2 is what I'm getting done on saturday. What exhaust are you going for?

Oh my god I think I remember that now, I was amazed to see another platinum grey LCR, was it at the Nugent shopping centre? I remember letting what must have been you out even though I had right of way lol. My girlfriend laughed and thinks I'm sad that us SCN'ers do these things :cartman:

I think you had big stickers on the car, poss rear screen?! I only caught a glance though... My girlfriend lives 2 mins up the road and I'm another 10 towards Bromley in Petts Wood.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Yep that was me, cheers mate ;) Don't worry my girlfriend also thinks the same............ahh well!! Yeah I had the big sticker on the rear window Equals3 - it is the company I work for and when we were at Santa Pod we used the cars as a bit of a marketing piece. Stickers have come off now but some fresh new ones will be done for this year. I don't mind having it on the car as they are getting my exhaust and remap done for me :p

Yeah I see your going Stage 2 this weekend, make sure you update your build thread, be good to hear your review of the set up.

Going for a custom made exhaust by Midlands Exhausts who have done all the work on the Skyline I mentioned previously as well as loads of other well tuned cars. I have seen there work several times and know what they are doing so am giving the car to them. Still a bit undecided on which map to go for however

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yep that was me, cheers mate ;) Don't worry my girlfriend also thinks the same............ahh well!! Yeah I had the big sticker on the rear window Equals3 - it is the company I work for and when we were at Santa Pod we used the cars as a bit of a marketing piece. Stickers have come off now but some fresh new ones will be done for this year. I don't mind having it on the car as they are getting my exhaust and remap done for me :p

Yeah I see your going Stage 2 this weekend, make sure you update your build thread, be good to hear your review of the set up.

Going for a custom made exhaust by Midlands Exhausts who have done all the work on the Skyline I mentioned previously as well as loads of other well tuned cars. I have seen there work several times and know what they are doing so am giving the car to them. Still a bit undecided on which map to go for however

Haha, it's a seatcupra thing ;)

Ahh yes it was that sticker then defo.. Nice way of marketing and I would be doing the same! Instead I have 3 SCN stickers and promote that, and don't get paid :whistle: lol

I will be updating my thread defo, can't wait for saturday :)

Ah nice one, when you getting that exhaust done? Looking forward to the update and pics of this custom exhaust. Will it be 200 cell sports cat or you going de-cat?

Map's are funny things, I'm only going for the AMD map as it's part of the offer, and also I guess that they are local to me so any probs I will be there in a hoot. Revo, Custom Code, P-Torque and Jabba I would have no problems with getting either though. All good maps.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Yeah all the best for saturday, car should be running sweet mate.

I will be going for a sports cat, either 100 or 200 cell. With regards to the map, yeah all good companies out there along with MRC Tuning and Badger5, which is what makes it a difficult choice. Swaying more towards those who can offer a custom map as opposed to a generic stage 2 simply because I want to get the most out of the 3" TIP I am going to install

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Ordered a new set of front and back plates from CreateMyPlates.com. Went for the Size - 330mm x 112mm - 13 x 4.25 for the front which should sit nicely after researching on here. I will post some pics when I get it on

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Yeah all the best for saturday, car should be running sweet mate.

I will be going for a sports cat, either 100 or 200 cell. With regards to the map, yeah all good companies out there along with MRC Tuning and Badger5, which is what makes it a difficult choice. Swaying more towards those who can offer a custom map as opposed to a generic stage 2 simply because I want to get the most out of the 3" TIP I am going to install

cheers bud, fingers crossed she does well with the exhaust and map ;)

cool cool, they sound like they know what they're doing. custom is good too.. something different.. I took the easy option lol milltek special offer :whistle:

Ordered a new set of front and back plates from CreateMyPlates.com. Went for the Size - 330mm x 112mm - 13 x 4.25 for the front which should sit nicely after researching on here. I will post some pics when I get it on

nice one! after getting a new plate on the front of my LCR I was well chuffed with the look :happy:

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Excellent job mate, thats a great list of mods! :clap:

I'm thinking of getting 15mm rear spacers for mine, how are you finding them?
Also any chance you can stick a picture up so I can see how the wheel sits in the arch?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
You still not fitted those ARB's ? You lazy git :lol:

I would'nt mind haveing a look at that TIP before you fit it if your about mate, personally I'm not convinced about it, I see it as bottle neck but the logs so far have shown good gains :think:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thanks for the comments guys.

@D.K yeah I know I have been a very busy guy :whistle:

@Kenny-cupra Yeah think it's time to get these on the car, my bedroom/garage is getting a bit too packed

Should have a good update over the weekend as the plan is to get the ARB's, lowering springs, oil catch can, forge unos (mbc), 3" TIP, and front brake pads fitted

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Excellent job mate, thats a great list of mods! :clap:

I'm thinking of getting 15mm rear spacers for mine, how are you finding them?
Also any chance you can stick a picture up so I can see how the wheel sits in the arch?

I personally like the 15mm spacers on the rear although will look much better when I lower the car which should be this weekend.

The pic of the car on the rollers on the first post is with the spacers. I am also getting 15mm spacers for the front also soon so will get some decent pictures for you. Any angles you particularly looking for?

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
D.K I will give you a call this weekend and hopefully we can meet up before I get my ass to work for once so I can show you the TIP. What's your concerns with it mate? If you look at both designs the 3" TIP is bigger and will allow for more air to flow to the turbo and the proven gains are a win win for me.

Plan is to have all the engine pieces done and mapped so the AmD rolling road day event should be a good place to compare set ups

RDS

OEM+
Aug 11, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I personally like the 15mm spacers on the rear although will look much better when I lower the car which should be this weekend.

The pic of the car on the rollers on the first post is with the spacers. I am also getting 15mm spacers for the front also soon so will get some decent pictures for you. Any angles you particularly looking for?

From the rear and along the side of the car from front to back if you dont mind. Just interested as to how it looks on a car at standard ride height as mine isnt lowered! (yet;))

Cheers mate!

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
D.K I will give you a call this weekend and hopefully we can meet up before I get my ass to work for once so I can show you the TIP. What's your concerns with it mate? If you look at both designs the 3" TIP is bigger and will allow for more air to flow to the turbo and the proven gains are a win win for me.

Plan is to have all the engine pieces done and mapped so the AmD rolling road day event should be a good place to compare set ups

I'm not sure how to explain it in written word's but I'll give it a go, the OE design TIP has a more gradual reduction insize from the MAF to the Turbo, so in my mind the airflow would be smoother, the 3" one I can see haveing a bottle neck effect to the airflow, I'm not douting Bill design it's just I'm not convinced yet !!!

I'm out Saturday morning and then I'll be at AmD hopefully by about 1ish

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.