Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Temp/ heater issues

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by PJ_TDi, Jan 31, 2010.

1. PJ_TDi

PJ_TDi Its Thwaite

Hello all,

I've come to the conclusion that I think my temp sensor is reading incorrect. Last night my friends Golf and Audi A2 both read -2 degrees, mine read -6. As a result, any setting above "LO" inside the car is warmer than it should be. So I'm either roasting at 18 degrees or chilling at LO! :lol:

Is this because it would be over-compensating, thinking its colder outside than it actually is?

Any help as to what can be done would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys :)

2. Thermostat possibly?

Ive just changed 1 on my sisters Lupo. As it had a similar problem.

3. techie

techie Skoda Techie

There is an internal temp sensor that it takes for reference so i doubt it has anything to do with the ambient temp sensor.

What I would suspect is there is a fault with the mixture flap motor, a scan with VAG COM and reset the motor would be a good start. See if it goes through its full sweep without sticking.