Temperature - Quick question...

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Possibly, my Liquid Gauge reports 86 deg constant, so close to 90 but not quite, even less down hill coasting but dash still firmly on 90.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Dash readout is making its own mind up.... Up and down between 70 and 90 deg!

New stat (genuine) fitted two months ago ....

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
I was using my Liquid gauge last week to monitor coolant temperature as my water pump was dying on me (had a new water pump now). I noticed that the ECU reported temp took longer to get up to 90 than the dashboard gauge (eg. liquid at 75 and dash at 90) but in contrast rose much more quickly as the coolant started to overheat, I was seeing over 120 on the liquid before the dash guage started to move above 90.
It's a bit like the dash gauge is "glued" to sticking at around 90 - or do they get their signal from different sensors?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
the dash readout is a rough temp readout and sticks dead on 90 once warm, that way if there is a problem and it sways you'd know straight away so its not unusual to see a difference between the actual ecu read out and the dash one.

if your still concerned that its faulty then read the fault memory of address 17-dash panel, it will often log a fault there before it does in the ecu.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
I have already checked block 17 - Instrumentation and no error code....

I have a trip to Liverpool to do tonmorrow so will leave the digi readout on temp to see differences over longer distance and report back....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.