Temperature Sensor

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
Had the orange 'pollution/diagnosis' light come on Saturday - local independant stated due to temperature sensor and reset. Said if comes back on then we'll need to replace. Also mentioned to him about the Engine temperature beeping three times on start up. coolant level fine -suggested swap bottle. says these are quite common failures. car is tdi 150

light has come back on today. Looking to get odb lead tomorrow to hopefully use with vagcom, but in the mean time, is there only one temp sensor (didn't get fault code....) he said there was and it will not need to be bled when swapped out, would do bottle at same time.

Ordering parts at the mo anyway for mods, so looking to do myself if can confirm the above about only one temp sensor.

thanks in advance (Haynes book of lies here we come......)

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
All sorted. was the coolant sensor on the rear of the block.

didn't get chance to try out vagcom, but will try tomorrow. Asked what code was he stated it translated into actual description, as would vagcom. so if happens again, cando myself :)

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
update

was also suffering the engine temperature, three audible beeps and flashing light on start up. thought this was to do with the expansion bottle. Replacement bottle was supposed to be fitted at same time as sensor but didn't arrive. Anyway, since sensor replaced, this has not occurred. Apparently as the sensor is dual function, the above symptoms can be first signs of the temp sensor failure.

aki508

Hi there,

I know its a couple of years later but im having some funny coolant beeps come on on my car too. The coolant level is fine and the car is not over heating or anything.

Some people say it could be the sensor in the coolant bottle but i drive a seat ibiza tdi sport 130pd which is the one with no connector on the bottle.

I was going to go down the route of changing the bottle but dont see the point as there are no lecky plugs coming of it.

The next step was to start looking at sensors and connect it up to vag com but so far ive had no faults come up.

Which of your sensors had gone?

cheers

ManOnTheMoor

Apr 22, 2007
As you stand looking at the engine from passenger side, windscreen to the right, the sensor was on the rear corner closest to you. will dig out receipt to see if got description, take photo if possible. will browse vag cat to see if pin point

aki508

Ive found it!!!

Thanks very much for the description of where it was. I made the mistake of just pulling it straight out and the water was still under pressure!

Its deffinatly the sensor that has gone, i gave it a quick clean and it takes longer for the light to come on now. Around £20 to £25 for a new one?

Thanks for your help!!:lol:

aki508

Any chance of a part number? Ive been on the website and couldnt see it!

Niiiiceeee one!!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.