Temperature wierdness

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Hi all

My engine light came on before Xmas, and my temperature guage started doing strange things - basically going up and down - not staying mid way like it should. Also the car was starting rough with a warm engine (fine from cold) I took it to a local garage who said iot was the temperature switch and replaced this, when I picked it up all seemed fine, but driving home the temperature guage started to drop all the way to the left, and stayed there.

Now the engine light has come on again, and I'm getting the same symptoms again.

Anyone else encountered this or have any ideas what might be causing it ?

cheers

John

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Thermostat.

Seems the cold weather is affecting lots of them lately.

When you say engine light, which one?

Hi mate

the yellow engine warning light (picture of the engine)

I've done a quick search of the forums after posting the original question and found a few threads relating to it, they all seem to resemble the syptoms I've been experiencing so I think you might well be spot on here. Looks like a relatively simple repair job thank god !

Cheers

J

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I don't think thermostat would bring on the engine management light?

You need to get it code read to see why the light is on, it could be that they did not reset the code/light when they fitted the new sensor.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Talking of cold, the clutch froze on mine twice on the way to work this morning.

Pedal went to the floor and stuck there so had to coast to a stop and pump the pedal with my hand.

Happened again 10 minutes later, but was fine after the second time.

Grrr.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise