Temperature

jame1410

When i started my Ibiza yesterday, it beeped and flashed -4 temperature. (first time its done it since ive had the car) When I left work, it was -5 but i got no beep or flashing what so ever..and the same this morning -6 and nothing.

Does it only give a notice when its -4? Or is mine not working properly??

Apologies if this is else where.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
When i started my Ibiza yesterday, it beeped and flashed -4 temperature. (first time its done it since ive had the car) When I left work, it was -5 but i got no beep or flashing what so ever..and the same this morning -6 and nothing.

Mine only beeps if it drops passed a set temperature when the ignition is on. ( 4degC )

If i start it up and it's below that temp already - it just flashes the temp in the display.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
If you are driving the car and the temperature starts at above +4C then as soon as it hits +4C you will get a warning, it seems to carry on like this until the temperature drop below the "ice forming danger" - maybe down at -6C after that I think that this function gets disabled, but as you drive on and enter a zone where the temperature rises back up to something like -6C, you will be re-entering the "ice forming danger" area and so it will chime at you again. Its just this year that I have experienced this second chime - good old global warming (sorry cyclic weather patterns) had been successful in keeping these temperatures away.

Also, as you discovered, if you jump into the car and start it up at below +4C gets "it" hopes that you had already discovered that it was cold so it would not need to warn you.

Last edited:

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow

glad you asked this, mines been doing the same. beeps and puts temp on the dash at say -2 but at -8 nothing happens just the usual mpg on dash. another one of those special traits lol

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I noticed this one morning coming home from work. As it went from -6 to -5, it beeped at me. Had never seen this happen before in 5 and a half years of owning MK4s until then!

ive noticed when the climate control shows -2c or bellow the resuculated air button doesnt work untill the inside car temprature is a bit warmer.
also my car only seems to chime if the temprature drops to 4 or bellow while im driving rather than doing it if the temprature is bellow 4 when i start the car.

jame1410

Hmmm, bit strange. I know that you can tell its -4 out, but would be good to get it all the time if its going to be icy etc. But if that was the case i expect i would be asking if there was anyway to shut it up lol been out again a few times in the car, and got a notice at -4, but then no more when it got colder. Strange...but i guess in Spain they would never come across these temperatures!

rich3001

Mar 9, 2009
I get mine beeping at +4, -4 and -10. My old citroen used to beep at me for every degree it went under 0, that was enough to drive me mad.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.