Terraclean

BenG

Ben
Oct 26, 2011
Cove Bay, Aberdeen
Lot of cleaning products knocking about. I've tried a few myself (Powerboost spray, Cataclean, BG244) but TBH have never noticed any difference after using them.:(

It looks like this stuff has been packaged as some kind of professional treatment requiring special equipment and a garage to administer it, costing more than the DIY treatments.

I'd find it easier to believe in these products if they did some before and after dyno runs and emissions tests on a selection of cars to get some hard evidence that they actually work.:shrug:

Edd China knows his stuff, but then again he's a garage owner with a product to sell...

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
this system is not the type that you just dump cleaning fluid in your tank, it replaces your tank with a stronger solution.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
So this would use standard injection to clean, where as the main build up of crud is on the inlet manifold well before the injectors.

Fish

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Cant really understand why, as if it uses the injectors then only a very small amount will go back via the EGR system.

Fish

Edited to add: I'd need to see hard proof that the system would clean the inlet manifold prior ro parting with any cash.

Last edited:

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Cant really understand why, as if it uses the injectors then only a very small amount will go back via the EGR system.

Fish

Edited to add: I'd need to see hard proof that the system would clean the inlet manifold prior ro parting with any cash.

with the solution they use while the system replaces the tank it goes though the system as normal but once it turns to vapour mixing with exhaust gases in the Egr system the Potency increases 10 fold to Liquifi the crud i had a look at the sample stuff used that was left over from the test and it is pretty evil stuff :D also do not sniff it as it burns your nostril hairs off lol

the garage today signed for the both systems cost a far bit so i am going to have it done also no the condition of the Egr and crank case so once done i will be checking it :)

also the friends 330D which is modded highly gained 4mpg after terraclean also drives like a tool :D he was also a disbeliever of the product as he is a mechanic, and also would say if it was crap as he knows what i am like mate.

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
i got my Leon booked in on sat for this. From what ive heard etc, its worth doing if your car has a few miles underneath it. Obv not worth doing if your car is low mileage.

Looking forward to seeing results :) will post up after sat

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
Just had it done this morning. Very worth the money. It takes about 1 hour - 1 hour 30mins to do.
There is more torque low down in revs, noticeably 1500-2250rpm. The idling is much smoother. It was hard to tell because of legality / traffic etc, but it seemed better when giving it some too. But real world driving, ie, 30-40mph (4th / 5th gear low revs) its noticeably smoother and responsive.

my car had only done 59k miles, and i have no cat, dpf or backbox. So if you have all / any of these things left on your car, which i imagine most people will, and/or have clocked up more miles, then the gains will be even more noticeable for you. Very worth doing :)

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
finally had this done yesterday £85 and was on for an hour, i expected more crap to come out the back of the car it was pretty clean the car now runs though the gears more smoother and 2nd gear feels like it has more torque around the same as 3rd mpg though around 2-3mpg hard to say until i get on the motorway i would have this done again and is a must for people doing short journeys and if the egr is really clogged up remove clean and refit before running terraclean
i also put some millers eco max in after this was done for good measure :D also the car has done 51k.

Last edited:

Seat Cupra Girl

Aug 21, 2015
Just had it done this morning. Very worth the money. It takes about 1 hour - 1 hour 30mins to do.
There is more torque low down in revs, noticeably 1500-2250rpm. The idling is much smoother. It was hard to tell because of legality / traffic etc, but it seemed better when giving it some too. But real world driving, ie, 30-40mph (4th / 5th gear low revs) its noticeably smoother and responsive.

my car had only done 59k miles, and i have no cat, dpf or backbox. So if you have all / any of these things left on your car, which i imagine most people will, and/or have clocked up more miles, then the gains will be even more noticeable for you. Very worth doing :)

Hi andyspencer I know this is an old thread but can I just ask where did you take your car for the Terra clean ?
I am interested in getting this done for my car has its done a lot of miles. I think my car could benefit a lot from it.

Thanks
Michelle

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
Hi andyspencer I know this is an old thread but can I just ask where did you take your car for the Terra clean ?
I am interested in getting this done for my car has its done a lot of miles. I think my car could benefit a lot from it.

Thanks
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I got it done at a place called Spanners in Coleshill, Birmingham, but there are loads of licensed garages that will do it. Google it and it'l come up with local garages that offer it.
Takes about a hour to do. Was around £90 Mark when i did it a few years back.
From what I've heard , results are mixed as everyone's cars are different, but you should notice a bit of a difference

Andy

Seat Cupra Girl

Aug 21, 2015
Use "tunap UK" that is meant to be a lot better than terraclean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have a look but it is quite far from me to Kent.

Hi Michelle,

I got it done at a place called Spanners in Coleshill, Birmingham, but there are loads of licensed garages that will do it. Google it and it'l come up with local garages that offer it.
Takes about a hour to do. Was around £90 Mark when i did it a few years back.
From what I've heard , results are mixed as everyone's cars are different, but you should notice a bit of a difference

Andy

Thanks Andy, Ill give them a ring to get a quote as it is only 2 minutes up the road, I usually use Happy Day's in Coleshill for the work and servicing I have had done on my car over the years they are a reasonable price as well so if they don't do it at Spanners now I'll give Happy Day's a call and see if they do it :D
One other thing Andy as you live in Birmingham do you know of any good Dent repair shops or mobile dent removal people? As I have a few small dents which have happened when the car has been in the carpark at ASDA and Morrisons which I would like to get removed 1 is in the back quarter panel and 1 is on the passenger wing There is also one in the boot which happened as some twat was walking up the road smashing windows and denting cars late one night drunk out of his head on his way home he went past and did about 10 cars in one night on the same road the police caught him and he went to court but I have not received a penny to date for what the court awarded me in compensation and I did not want to claim off insurance and make my premium go up so if you know of anywhere close by that would be great.

Thanks
Michelle

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
There is also one in the boot which happened as some twat was walking up the road smashing windows and denting cars late one night drunk out of his head on his way home he went past and did about 10 cars in one night on the same road the police caught him and he went to court but I have not received a penny to date for what the court awarded me in compensation and I did not want to claim off insurance and make my premium go up so if you know of anywhere close by that would be great.

Thanks
Michelle
Sorry to hear about the damage to your motor. I would of been waiting for him after he came out of court and put a similar size dent in his head if he'd done that to my motor.... what a ***t!
Doubt you'll ever get any cash off him, twat probably spends all his benefits on cider and rentboys as soon as it goes into his bank.....They should bring back hanging for pissed up car damagers!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.