Tesco's 99 octane garage list

luke

Sep 30, 2004
Hants
Tallpaul said:
how does it compare in price to local 95ron and optimax?
Optimax is still the best performance wise from the tests I've seen but likely more expensive.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
luke said:
Optimax is still the best performance wise from the tests I've seen but likely more expensive.

i'm aware of the relative differance in RON, addatives and related performance. Just wanna see how much it costs compared to Optimax and regular petrol! :D

If 99ron tesco fuel is the same price as, say, 95ron BP fuel then i might give it a go - if it's the same price as Optimax then i won't bother!

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Round here Optimax is 92.9p and Tesco 99ron is 89.9p. Personally I don't notice any difference between Optimax and Tesco 99ron. In fact if anything the car seems to prefer Tescos.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
TimBarratt said:
Round here Optimax is 92.9p and Tesco 99ron is 89.9p. Personally I don't notice any difference between Optimax and Tesco 99ron. In fact if anything the car seems to prefer Tescos.

any idea how much ordinary 95ron costs at those garages?

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
About 86 I think. Trust me though, Tesco 99 is much better than standard. The car will run great on it. I have tried Tesco 99, Optimax and Esso Supreme and Sainburys Super in my car and I think Tescos 99 is the best with Optimax a close second.

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
jmcvicar said:
I saw a big drop in MPG when using 99 Ron. For me, it wasn't worth the 2p saving over Optimax (although the extra Clubcard points always come in handy:lol: )

I haven't noticed that, in fact its more like the opersite. I seem to be getting more miles to the tank.

awelch

. . . . .
Mar 1, 2006
Have to say Performance is better with 99ron tesco super, I get mine from sevenoaks which has a shell station also.

Also and quite strangely I get about 20 miles more from a full tank with tesco 99!!

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
jmcvicar said:
I saw a big drop in MPG when using 99 Ron. For me, it wasn't worth the 2p saving over Optimax (although the extra Clubcard points always come in handy:lol: )

Do they still do 5p off per litre too, when you spend over a £50 or something..???

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Q. Do Tesco get their 99RON petrol in from one particular refinery?

I tend to find that supermarket petrol is usually supplied from the nearest refinery, thet belongs to one of the large oil companies. Around where I live, it is Esso that supply both Waitrose and Tesco. If this is the case, wouldn't the super stuff I get be the same as that on an Esso forecourt?

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Kam said:
Q. Do Tesco get their 99RON petrol in from one particular refinery?

I tend to find that supermarket petrol is usually supplied from the nearest refinery, thet belongs to one of the large oil companies. Around where I live, it is Esso that supply both Waitrose and Tesco. If this is the case, wouldn't the super stuff I get be the same as that on an Esso forecourt?

I think they get it from a German company. They will get it from which ever fuel deport is nearest, but doesn't each company store its own fuel in the deport. The fuel deport though is probably owned by someone like Shell or BP

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
TimBarratt said:
I think they get it from a German company. They will get it from which ever fuel deport is nearest, but doesn't each company store its own fuel in the deport. The fuel deport though is probably owned by someone like Shell or BP

I was told by someone, who knows a petrol tanker driver that the same type of fuel that goes their own forecourts as well as that of the supermarkets they supply. In some instances - allegedly - the petrol is supplied without additives.

I was just wondering if this was the case for the Tesco RON.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.