Tesco's 99 octane garage list

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
It can't be the same with the 99 as it is branded as 99ron. Most other places super unleaded is 97. If they are selling 97 as 99 then they would be breaking the trade discriptions act (plus other things as well). I think i read on their website it comes from a German petrol company.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Optimax isnt actually branded as 97 ron. It doesnt pass the tests apparently.

Any idea when other stations will be sellin this stuff?

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
i used optimax for bout 4-5months then wen my tesco got th 99ron i tryed that for last 3months cars seemss lil more responsive and it runs slightly better get few more miles to tank a slighty more mpg readings,
optimax heres is 96.7
tesco super 99 here is 91.7
normal shell 95 ron here is 92.7
i heard that tesco use th shell refinary and just add more ad's to th shell petrol
all i know is tht i find bp ultimate **** and texaco super the worst my rs turbo wouldnt even run on it tht always used optimax

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Finally found out what mon is!
Extract from some boffins article

Low-speed and low load knock characteristics are determined by the RON test

The MON method tests high-speed, high load, high temperature situations,

in practice these mon conditions exist during periods of high speed power
accelerations, hill climbing, or any period of high power output.

minxycov

might be mad but filled up last week in coventry tescos and could have swore it said 80.9p a litre :confused:

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
GaryM said:
Why would that be?
Plenty of info says it is.....

guess he's either wrong or trying to be clever...

either way Shell's own specification for Optimax is a minimum 98ron, in reality it can be 99ron but should never leave the fuel depot at less than 98. Of course what it is by the time it is dispensed from the pump or has sat in your tank for a week is a differant story.

philcourt

Can you collect Clubcard points at Tesco filling stations? If so, how much do you get per, say litre or £ of fuel?
Just got the Shellpoints card, and after doing some maths, no point collect them really. Was hoping it would greatly reduce the cost of Optimax!

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
philcourt said:
Can you collect Clubcard points at Tesco filling stations? If so, how much do you get per, say litre or £ of fuel?
Yup, you get 1 point per pound you spend there same as in the store.

philcourt

mrcoyote said:
Yup, you get 1 point per pound you spend there same as in the store.

Cool, I know its not much, but 'Every Little Helps'

Shall I close door on way out? :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.