Test drove a Leon ST Cupra 300 yesterday... simply amazing and I have some questions please.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Totally agree as my Sub 8 with PS4s all around goes a lot quicker than I can in the wet lol and dry is like being on rails , like I said the R is great but I just prefer mine even though a lot don't.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
I actually chased down five motorbikes on a single carriageway road that buzzed me - despatched four without effort and backed off the fifth because he kept wobbling when he looked back and saw me but come the wet weather, my 280 would lose out to my Golf. The ST is slightly different because it also has 4wd.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, those 800 ADV bikes are so slow. Go look for a litre hyperbike. But when he accelerates away from you, don't think you went into reverse and try to change gear.

Deleted member 103408

And just to add my 2 penny worth, I have 500 hp on the front wheel drive car, no wheel tramp (good mods but also learning how to drive a car).
I went to Cadwell Park recently which is where the FWD Cupra vs the 4WD Golf happened and I blew away the Ford Focus ST (375 HP), I cant drive the car well on a track yet but I already know this setup is good. I agree 4WD in the wet will win like for like but I love the fact I have to drive my car not it me. I have spent a lot of money on my motor because its got a great basis for both Track and everyday use.

Just to put that into perspective on the track going well I got 12 mpg on the 200 mile drive to the last North West meet I got 38 and a bit mpg.

I have no rattles, no wheel tramp and can leave most R's behind easily.

But we all want different things from our cars and i have to say at the North West meet I saw 3 very different ST's (Stock, Slight Mods and a bit more) and they all looked very good and drove well.

The VAG group offer Audi - Not interested on price or because of the people who drive them, VW Dont like the Looks, Skoda - Good Estates but again the latest style is horrible and the Seat - I fully agree they are good looking.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
And just to add my 2 penny worth, I have 500 hp on the front wheel drive car, no wheel tramp (good mods but also learning how to drive a car).
I went to Cadwell Park recently which is where the FWD Cupra vs the 4WD Golf happened and I blew away the Ford Focus ST (375 HP), I cant drive the car well on a track yet but I already know this setup is good. I agree 4WD in the wet will win like for like but I love the fact I have to drive my car not it me. I have spent a lot of money on my motor because its got a great basis for both Track and everyday use.

Just to put that into perspective on the track going well I got 12 mpg on the 200 mile drive to the last North West meet I got 38 and a bit mpg.

I have no rattles, no wheel tramp and can leave most R's behind easily.

But we all want different things from our cars and i have to say at the North West meet I saw 3 very different ST's (Stock, Slight Mods and a bit more) and they all looked very good and drove well.

The VAG group offer Audi - Not interested on price or because of the people who drive them, VW Dont like the Looks, Skoda - Good Estates but again the latest style is horrible and the Seat - I fully agree they are good looking.
...a bit more dirt :D

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
I am not your mate, and you have no clue what you talking about.

You seem to compare apples with potatoes, as long as it is convenient for you and ignore the arguments you are given.
Now you are throwing Ibiza in the mix? It is still better than a VW Up!, but I fail to see the point :)
You overpaid for the same car, and you are trying to reassure yourself you did the right deal... Maybe you could not afford an Audi, cause your speech sounds to me like the typical Audi driver crap.

Someone needs a hug........best go to your safe space but before you do, I didn’t throw the Ibiza into the mix - merely pointed out that my wife has one and they are good cars just as the Leon is. I don’t need to justify to myself or anyone that I bought the right car - I got rid of my Leon in favour of my Golf and made the right decision for me. I merely pointed out to the op that both cars have strengths and that the prices aren’t massively far apart, even less so come sale time. Perhaps you need to stop being such a precious ickle fanboy and listen to other opinions. As for murder, I’m trying to fathom out who ties your shoelaces for you in the morning - cool your jets and take a chill pill - it’ll make your sad life that little bit better.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Someone needs a hug........best go to your safe space but before you do, I didn’t throw the Ibiza into the mix - merely pointed out that my wife has one and they are good cars just as the Leon is. I don’t need to justify to myself or anyone that I bought the right car - I got rid of my Leon in favour of my Golf and made the right decision for me. I merely pointed out to the op that both cars have strengths and that the prices aren’t massively far apart, even less so come sale time. Perhaps you need to stop being such a precious ickle fanboy and listen to other opinions. As for murder, I’m trying to fathom out who ties your shoelaces for you in the morning - cool your jets and take a chill pill - it’ll make your sad life that little bit better.

:) :) ;)

Love it :) ...but even your insults are poor :)
I think you still didn't get the picture, but it is ok - I understand you are not too good in that aspect.
Keep going :)

Reactions: Deano j1971

Deleted member 103408

@SitdownandhaveaCupratea i do not know if you have leasing in Switzerland, whilst I personally always prefer to own my own car this would allow you to fix in the cost of owning the car for (typically in the uk) 2 years.

Based on what you have told us you do not appear to be doing large millage and I know in the UK the Cupra deals have been very very good so this may be another way of getting a car you want but with a know cost for a 2 year period.

With regards to interior trim quality based on the members on here the general feedback is the newer cars are much better put together but SEAT's are famous for rattles but the car would be under warranty so Dealer will sort that.
As I said in an earlier post we had a club meet last week and there was a 280 and 3 300 St's in White they all look very good and the owners are very happy with the. The 280 Owner is in the process of changing to a Carbon edition which look very cool but he did get a very good deal on the price, they are not cheap.

In general with regards to depreciation you have the same issue for all the VAG group cars.

1/ They have all had the power downgraded due to WLTP Testing - 10 hp but it gets a lot of people upset.
2/ Next year we have the new range of VAG Cars (MK4 Leon, MK8 Golf) and I suspect they are all going to be getting bigger
3/ I Think next year the CUPRA Range will be spun off from Seat so dont know what thats going to do to prices of the old cars.

Personally i keep a car till it starts to cost to much to run (eg in the garage having bits fixed all the time) so depreciation has never been a consideration for me.

Also you need to ensure you have dealers in your local area who can do the service and be covered by the warranty.

My personal view is the ST is a great car, if you are happy with it then it comes down to negotiation of the best price and if you are considering keeping it more that a couple years then talk to the dealer about extended warranty (I think Seat do up to 5 years)

Let us know what you end up doing.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
@SitdownandhaveaCupratea i do not know if you have leasing in Switzerland, whilst I personally always prefer to own my own car this would allow you to fix in the cost of owning the car for (typically in the uk) 2 years.

Based on what you have told us you do not appear to be doing large millage and I know in the UK the Cupra deals have been very very good so this may be another way of getting a car you want but with a know cost for a 2 year period.

With regards to interior trim quality based on the members on here the general feedback is the newer cars are much better put together but SEAT's are famous for rattles but the car would be under warranty so Dealer will sort that.
As I said in an earlier post we had a club meet last week and there was a 280 and 3 300 St's in White they all look very good and the owners are very happy with the. The 280 Owner is in the process of changing to a Carbon edition which look very cool but he did get a very good deal on the price, they are not cheap.

In general with regards to depreciation you have the same issue for all the VAG group cars.

1/ They have all had the power downgraded due to WLTP Testing - 10 hp but it gets a lot of people upset.
2/ Next year we have the new range of VAG Cars (MK4 Leon, MK8 Golf) and I suspect they are all going to be getting bigger
3/ I Think next year the CUPRA Range will be spun off from Seat so dont know what thats going to do to prices of the old cars.

Personally i keep a car till it starts to cost to much to run (eg in the garage having bits fixed all the time) so depreciation has never been a consideration for me.

Also you need to ensure you have dealers in your local area who can do the service and be covered by the warranty.

My personal view is the ST is a great car, if you are happy with it then it comes down to negotiation of the best price and if you are considering keeping it more that a couple years then talk to the dealer about extended warranty (I think Seat do up to 5 years)

Let us know what you end up doing.

Thanks OldBoy some good advice there. :)

Basically I have been offered the following vehicle with a 6000chf (£4500) reduction to make a final price of 40000chf (£30600). I got a 13% fleet discount from work to bring the price down. www.autoscout24.ch/5935548

optional equipment
  • SEAT Virtual Cockpit
  • Beast Audio Sound System
  • CUPRA Black Matt Line
  • Exterior mirror and grille in matt black
  • Brake system with logo
  • CUPRA lettering in black matt
  • Rim accents in black matt
  • CUPRA pack
  • Beast Audio Sound System
  • Parking assistance front and rear with optical display
  • navigation system
  • backup camera
  • Bucket seats in Alcantara
  • SEAT FullLink
  • Parking assistance front and rear with optical display
  • Driver assistance package 4
  • Automatic distance control ACC
  • Emergency Assist
  • Highbeam Assist
  • Emergency Brake Assist
  • Lane Keeping Assist Lane Assist
  • Traffic jam assistant
  • Traffic Sign Recognition
  • navigation system
  • backup camera
  • Bucket seats in Alcantara
  • Closing and starting system KESSY
  • SEAT Connectivity Box
  • SEAT FullLink
  • Seat warranty: 5 years or 100'000 km (from 1st Inv.)
  • Safety separation net or / grille in the luggage compartmen

Only thing its missing is Navigation System Plus but seems like that's not worth it right? :)

Reactions: Damo H

Deleted member 103408

That looks a great spec to me, only thing I would check on is do you get a spare wheel or do you get one of those blow up tubes,
I would always want the wheel just safer in my opinion.

If you have Full Link then I am not sure what extra you get from Navigation plus and you have the 5 year warranty

I would buy it if I was looking for a new one.

Reactions: Damo H

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
That looks a great spec to me, only thing I would check on is do you get a spare wheel or do you get one of those blow up tubes,
I would always want the wheel just safer in my opinion.

If you have Full Link then I am not sure what extra you get from Navigation plus and you have the 5 year warranty

I would buy it if I was looking for a new one.
Thanks man. Have you or anyone else heard the Beats audio... any real positives or negatives vs the SEAT Sound System? :)

EDIT - Found some useful info here https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/beats-audio-mk3-leon-vs-seat-sound.446331/

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

No afraid I have seat sound and very happy with it.

But Audio is a very personal thing so I would recommend sitting in the car and playing with it (both stationary and whilst being driven) and if you like it then its great, if not - Discount as you may try and retrofit SSS. I suspect you will be happy with it.

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
No afraid I have seat sound and very happy with it.

But Audio is a very personal thing so I would recommend sitting in the car and playing with it (both stationary and whilst being driven) and if you like it then its great, if not - Discount as you may try and retrofit SSS. I suspect you will be happy with it.

Well, I already tried a Cupra with Seat Sound and was very impressed... feedback seems to be better for that than the Beats system. I don't care so much about bass, more the clarity and tone of the mids and highs as I am a bit of an audiophile and listen to a lot of movie soundtrack music. I will go see the car tomorrow and report back. :)

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
:) :) ;)

Love it :) ...but even your insults are poor :)
I think you still didn't get the picture, but it is ok - I understand you are not too good in that aspect.
Keep going :)

Neither the time or the place. You need to remember not to bring a knife to a gun fight. I’ll let you carry on in your dream world petal.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Neither the time or the place. You need to remember not to bring a knife to a gun fight. I’ll let you carry on in your dream world petal.

So it’s come to insulting each other and quoting Sean Connery from untouchables.

You do realise he’s the one that dies at the end of that scene don’t you...

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
So it’s come to insulting each other and quoting Sean Connery from untouchables.

You do realise he dies at the end of that scene don’t you...

No insults - reality doesn’t follow films. It’s done as far as I’m concerned as I said at the start of my previous post.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.