Tfsi engine broke, can i replace with a tsi?

Champ_21

i have a seat leon 2006 tfsi sport up (185hk) 112.000km... last week my engine broke because of a failure with the oil pump... i have now found a new engine from a golf v tsi 2008 23.000km... but can i replace the tfsi engine with a tsi without problems?

Champ_21

nevermind just found out that the engine code are BWA for both engines, so they should fit correct? and the new engine is also a tfsi then right?

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
They call the TSi engine "twincharged", sort of a cross between supercharged and turbocharged. We've got the 1.8TSi coming in a new octavia soon.

"Taking this further, TSI uses - for the first time ever - an FSI engine which is then dual-charged through a combination of an engine driven supercharger and an exhaust gas turbocharger arranged in series."

Champ_21

new question:

can you put a cupra engine (bwj) into my tfsi (bwa)? or is it difficult?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
fitment would be easy, but I'm not sure on sensors, and wiring. Your ECU would need to be changed also

(not worth it)

Poverty

some people here need to brush up on VAG engine termanlogy and marketing lol.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
the 1.4 TSI was a turbo and supercharged engine namely found in the golf GT which was 170hp I remember.

SEAT now feature a 1.4TSI engune, but thats only turbocharged with 125hp I beleive.

Some VAG brands including SEAT renamed the 2.0TFSI to 2.0TSI

But now there is a new engine called the 2.0TSI by everyone, which is a replacement to the 2.0TFSI and a very new engine.

JayFR150

Fresh & Clean
Jul 20, 2008
Near Gatwick
the 1.4 TSI was a turbo and supercharged engine namely found in the golf GT which was 170hp I remember.

SEAT now feature a 1.4TSI engune, but thats only turbocharged with 125hp I beleive.

But now there is a new engine called the 2.0TSI by everyone, which is a replacement to the 2.0TFSI and a very new engine.

yes thats what my parents have, the golf GT 1.4 170 bhp and its called TSi engine, turbo/ supercharged! so i don't know why people are telling me im wrong when im right

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
yes thats what my parents have, the golf GT 1.4 170 bhp and its called TSi engine, turbo/ supercharged! so i don't know why people are telling me im wrong when im right

But in reference to the OP..

His car was a 2006, the engine code a BWA, and the replacement being a BWA

It couldn't have been the 1.4 engine :confused:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
But in reference to the OP..

His car was a 2006, the engine code a BWA, and the replacement being a BWA

It couldn't have been the 1.4 engine :confused:

I didn't help people saying "it's not" etc when all they had to say was "the OP is on about the Leon 2.0 TFSI Sport", which was the first turbo Leon petrol.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

but not in the Cupra still , might carry the TSI code but is not the new engine.

Poverty

Audi have currently decided to not offer the 1.4 twincharger engine in their lineup. They have decided to only offer a 1.4 turbo only tsi also iirc.

VW will be fitting a 2.0TSI in their scirocco r but that engine will NOT be of ea888 architecture, but instead the camshaft driven fuel pump EA113 series unit.

Rumours suggest the new fast golf GTI will use the same modified old ea113 unit.

BTW I think I have a worst case scenario with my car :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.