TFSI fuel economy - mine seems to be low - what are you getting?

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
I have a BSH intake, and straight through exhaust, and a REVO stage 1. So similar bar the bigger turbo/injectors. However, mine is DSG if that makes a difference.

I took the info from your first post mate :)

I have a 2007 Leon FR TFSI DSG with 57k miles on the clock.

Standard apart from Straight through exhaust from Cat back, and Cold air intake.

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
I took the info from your first post mate :)

Well I am very happy to correct you/my first post.

The car did indeed have a REVO map, however it was turned off with the use of an SPS switch, so since 2011 all of the previous owners have had it on a REVO 'standard map' haha

:)

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd

The car did indeed have a REVO map, however it was turned off with the use of an SPS switch, so since 2011 all of the previous owners have had it on a REVO 'standard map' haha

Funny enough the same thing happened to me, although mine has been on 'standard' mode since 2008... Also meant i managed to upgrade to stage 2 very cheaply :)

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

:rock:

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Funny enough the same thing happened to me, although mine has been on 'standard' mode since 2008... Also meant i managed to upgrade to stage 2 very cheaply :)

Can I ask how?

Did you just pay REVO to remap it again, or did you dial in the settings using the SPS?

And yes very :rocker: I got Northampton Motorsport to switch it back on for £10!!

And will have an SPS here with me this week all being well.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Well my stage 1 was reactivated £FOC (well, it cost me a coilpack, as mine started misfiring as soon as the map was applied, one of them was water damaged from the leaky scuttle).

I managed to obtain the original purchase info for the software, and with that i only paid the Revo upgrade price for stage 2 which was £60 incl. VAT.

SPS is a handy tool, especially if you have VCDS, or for if you ever disconnect the battery as it'll revert to standard performance ;)

CTID

Apr 1, 2013
Well my stage 1 was reactivated £FOC (well, it cost me a coilpack, as mine started misfiring as soon as the map was applied, one of them was water damaged from the leaky scuttle).

I managed to obtain the original purchase info for the software, and with that i only paid the Revo upgrade price for stage 2 which was £60 incl. VAT.

SPS is a handy tool, especially if you have VCDS, or for if you ever disconnect the battery as it'll revert to standard performance ;)

Ahh brilliant. I really need to get hold of original purchase info then, as stage two would be ideal in the future.

And tell me about it - it went into Seat to have the G201 repaired, and come back unmapped haha. They obviously disconnected the battery - so back it went to Northampton Motorsport.

So when I did the DSG oil change, I made sure I left the battery connected :rofl:

Deleted member 94519

This is helpful info - have been really concerned as we've been getting 20 mpg but it's very stop-start traffic here (what's new, it's London) so good to know it's not unusual.

[One thing that may be affecting ours is that the emission warning light has just come on. Engine isn't sounding or behaving any differently though. Will post a separate thread to avoid hijacking this one!]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.