Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

thanks dealer, wheel bearings collapsed on motorway and i nearly got hurt

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4 (2002-2008)' started by Ant FR, Feb 15, 2010.

1. TazB

TazB Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra

2. ScottHmk4

glad ur not hurt dude. could have been alot more nasty.

3. mhill

Is this Colchester where you picked it up from or your local dealer?

4. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Sadly it is things like this that damage 'our' rep.

Mind you i'm currently looking at a Toledo that I quoted for a cambelt a while back, he decided it was to expensive and took it to a local garage instead. I'm currently repairing various bits as the engine fell out due to mounting bolts being left loose.

5. myneek

myneek Active Member

Glad your OK, sounds like a total knightmare.

I wrote off a Golf GTI (3 years old :( ) after it had been in for a service. The garage changed the brakes and forgot to tell me (it was a lease/company car), came to a roundabout a little on the fun side, pressed the brakes and nothing happened. Went in to a bunch of trees at 60mph thinking f**k this is going to hurt, luckly only a graze where the airbag went off.

However, Really interested in what the stealer says!

I've lost faith in my local one who can't even give you the right list of parts for a cambelt change :(

6. tsmithy

tsmithy Guest

crikey, not good!

glad your ok from it

7. tris

tris The Daddy

Sorry to be reading this Ant glad to hear your ok
    Hope you get this sorted with as little fuss as pos

8. IainW

Glad you're ok, that sounds like a worst nightmare scenario for me. I've got a dodgy left rear wheel bearing at the moment and I'm not too keen on driving it around, but I have no choice as the garage are taking a while to detect where it's come from. Now they've finally discovered what's wrong and the part is on order, but I'm unsure about driving it too far because of this. Even more so now!

9. CJRamze

CJRamze Proud Seat Owner

You shouldn't be driving on a dodgey wheel bearing. Your entire wheel could fall off!

10. st10587

st10587 i only brake for cake!!!!

contact the CAB and see if there is grounds for taking the to court. im sure indangering your life is.

i work for BMW and we have been taken to court for advising a customer on gearbox oil which lead to the gearbox seizing as it was the wrong oil used. turns out the customer had fitted the wrong box in the car. so we had advised him correctly against the original spec of the car.

my point is if they are willing to take us to court for that you have a good case. does the recipt you have mention the fact you suspect it is the wheel bearing?

11. IainW

Well when I say dodgy, I mean noisy.

12. CJRamze

CJRamze Proud Seat Owner

Noisy wheel bearings are an early sign of failure....
    Don't drive on it, I dont want another written off ibiza!

13. Aimez

Aimez Active Member

They let you take it away?! IF something is that dangerous we make customers sign a disclaimer!

14. IainW

15 cautious miles to the dealers tomorrow and it's getting fixed finally. I hope.

15. techie

techie Skoda Techie

Same as, funny how a fair ammount of them decide to leave it with us then...lol

16. IainW

I did wonder myself, but at no point was I told "don't drive it, it's unsafe". And I don't know enough about cars technically to be any the wiser.

17. Is this the garage you bought the car from Iain? (i didnt want to mention names)

Do you know who inspected it? Surprised if it is as they are very thorough normally.

18. Ant FR

Ant FR Full Member

well car was picked up yesterday morning, not heard a dicky bird from the dealer even just to say we have your car ( as it was an independent who picked it up)

So they've played into my hands, now the complaining is going to start letters gone off to delaer principal, and SEAT uk. i will not be having this car back now,

19. krussel

krussel Active Member

When you say picked up do you mean on a trailer or did they drive it, surely not !!!

20. Ant FR

Ant FR Full Member

they turned up tuesday at 8:30 am and it was taken away on the back of a low loader. I don;t want the car back, still no contact from them.