Thanks for the present BAAHH HUMMBUG!

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
i was off to longwell green Bristol tonight for a meal and then to the cinema.

as all the restaurants were full and had waiting times we decided to be able to watch the film we would need to have Macy D's

on the way through the drivethru to order i went to open my window and the noise was awful and the movement was minimal

i was straight onto seat assistance to get something sorted before i can take it to the dealers.

here is what they have done

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

im not brilliantly happy with it but it will have to do.

he yanked the window up and then cut some wooden wedges to secure it.

the aa man said that the two clips at the bottom usually snap and the wire shreds :(

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
New window regulator for you then. I had both of mine go on my last Ibiza which wasn't good as it started raining shortly after the first one went. :(

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
im not brilliantly happy with it but it will have to do.

See what you mean, I guess at the time he would have had to improvise somehow.
Some black duct tape from the seals to the glass may have looked neater tho.
Guess it was down to what he had with him at the time.
I suppose the wedges on the inside would prevent some scrote who notices from forcing it which they would be able to do if it was just tape.

Torquemonster

Nov 20, 2007
:) I've not had any probs with the windows on my 04 Ibiza.Mind you i hardly use them,just roll them up and down once a week to keep things from seizing up.

Saying that now,it's the kiss of death.Probably be broken this time tomorrow!.:cry:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I replaced my brothers window regulator back in the summer, took me about 3 hrs but then I had never done it before.

About 75 quid for the part if you buy it yourself.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
On a 58 plate? That's nice!

I'd be wary of having those blocks wedged in there as it will bend the rubbers and when you take them out, the rubbers will still be mishapen.

Up to you mate. I'd look at another way of doing it if I were you.

Andybon

BOOYAH!!!
Nov 1, 2007
St Helens
On the subject of windowws, mine dont seem to go all the way down, they stick up about 2". Pisses you off a bit when you go to the drivr through and hit your elbows on them, Anyone else had this problem?

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
do they go all the way down after you press them to go down further? if so you can do it by leaving the battery off for 10 mins (to reset the ecu) then u have to manually set how far down the windows go down to for the 1 touch to work.. :)

Andybon

BOOYAH!!!
Nov 1, 2007
St Helens
do they go all the way down after you press them to go down further? if so you can do it by leaving the battery off for 10 mins (to reset the ecu) then u have to manually set how far down the windows go down to for the 1 touch to work.. :)

No matter how much you press the switch they dont go down any further,

Andybon

BOOYAH!!!
Nov 1, 2007
St Helens
Only time it gets annoying is when you go to the drive throughs and bash your funny bone on it, and end up pulling the "ahh poo" face at the person at the window :rolleyes:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.