Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Thatcham listing for MK3 Cupra?

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza Guides (6K2) 2000-2002' started by ibizacupra, Jan 24, 2005.

1. PAUL HEV

PAUL HEV Bananna Bomber!!

ok cheers
    i am going to ring them back tommorrow an see what they say.

thanks

2. ganda_cupra

ganda_cupra VW Commercial Technician

Hi, recently got my cupra and changed my policy with tesco to the cupra.

Having the same problem as most with tesco, won't accept it has a cat 2 immobiliser on it, have rang seat customer care, but they've said they can only tell me ,and send a letter to confirm, what was fitted to the vehicle i.e electronic engine immobiliser with incorporated alarm, which tesco won't accept, also sent the cat 2 listings from thatcham website highlighting seat ibiza, which they also won't accept as its a seat ibiza cupra which is a different model to a seat ibiza apparently.

Rang thatcham directly and there trying to say the same as tesco that its a seat ibiza cupra and not a seat ibiza.

How have other people managed to convince tesco that it is fitted with a cat 2 immobiliser.

Any help would be much appreciated as i don't really want to have to buy an aftermarket alarm etc.

3. Havok316

Havok316 Boost Junky

does anybody know what model the immobiliser is? Ive quoted the alarm T2 1318 but now my quote things asking me for immobiliser make/model and SEAT isnt listed

4. dolf

dolf The Dolf

Same problem with tesco.

I e-mailed thatcham and they replied .............. "The system fitted to that vehicle is a Thatcham Catorgery 2 system fitted as standard, the SEAT Security System 11 (immobilzer only)"

Looks like everyone's getting different answers!

Might be worth quoting this one though.