The “where the bleeding hell is my Cupra ST I ordered months ago” thread

Pyrogena

Apr 14, 2019
When did you order and what exactly did you order?

7th Feb and Cupra ST 300 DSG (Non Lux), Mystery Blue.

Got follow up call yesterday - car built and now in ship, due to dock 23rd May.

All good news - slightly tempered by handbrake failure on my VW GTI...which rolled into another car on the weekend.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Little update.
Cancelled the Lux ST order today. After another call to Seat UK, car showing unconfirmed build week of 25 still, so basically no progress since making the order in 22nd Feb.

Dealer agreed finally to return my £1k deposit.

I have provisional agreed a deal with my Local Seat/Cupra dealer for the Cupra R ST in Blackness Grey, subject to them confirming final specs, but I chose the Pano roof and ABT tune.
Other specs such as Adaptive Cruise and Driver assistance are unknown at this point.
Eta for that car is Mid-Late June, but it’s actually being built this week.

What dealer in Norfolk you going to? I brought my Leon 3 weeks ago from Duff Morgan in kings lynn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
7th Feb and Cupra ST 300 DSG (Non Lux), Mystery Blue.

Got follow up call yesterday - car built and now in ship, due to dock 23rd May.

All good news - slightly tempered by handbrake failure on my VW GTI...which rolled into another car on the weekend.

Starting to make sense of all the delays on the RH drive Lux versions, as mentioned on previous pages in this thread.
If a none Lux version ordered Feb has already been built and is shipping, whereas those who ordered Lux versions around the same time still have no build dates.

This also ties in with my new experience of ordering a Cupra R ST only to find it has no ACC or Driver assistance packs.
Yet the Euro LH drive models do.

What could be the reason for this ?
How much different can the RH builds be to the LH in terms of parts for the ACC and other ‘Lux’ items ??

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Starting to make sense of all the delays on the RH drive Lux versions, as mentioned on previous pages in this thread.
If a none Lux version ordered Feb has already been built and is shipping, whereas those who ordered Lux versions around the same time still have no build dates.

This also ties in with my new experience of ordering a Cupra R ST only to find it has no ACC or Driver assistance packs.
Yet the Euro LH drive models do.

What could be the reason for this ?
How much different can the RH builds be to the LH in terms of parts for the ACC and other ‘Lux’ items ??

I had worked out the same in my mind. Maybe it's parts shortage, Heated seats, KESSY parts etc?

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeah I was thinking a parts shortage, but it seems business as usual of the LH drive versions of these cars.

Don’t think it’s Kessy or heated seats though,
The RH drive Blackness Grey Cupra R ST’s are being built this week and they have both of those.
They however lack ACC + Driver Convience Pack (lane assist,High beam assist & sign recognition)

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
Yeah I was thinking a parts shortage, but it seems business as usual of the LH drive versions of these cars.

The RH drive Blackness Grey Cupra R ST’s are being built this week and they have both of those.
They however lack ACC + Driver Convience Pack (lane assist,High beam assist & sign recognition)

Maybe the R ST's are just taking priority in the production line. Would be interested to know if people outside the UK are having the same delays.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

Driver assist pack isn't standard on lux though...

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Yeah true only the ACC is standard in Lux I think.

I was referring to the Cupra R ST in that quote though, the LH drive models get all that as standard. UK cars get none of it :(

Reactions: seatgraham

st300

Apr 5, 2019
So the saga continues....
Spoke to dealer on monday who informed me that it was going to be September before I get the car, this was the same as what Seat CS were suggesting as well.

Rang Seat CS to make a complaint today to be informed my vehicle is due to arrive in Grimsby imminently!! WTF!!

The next question is how long it's going to be stuck in Grimsby for as the potential hold up could be WLTP related and they can't release the car without sign off.
Not sure if the 7speed dsg and Gpf are causing the delays on WLTP registration?

Anyway Seat customer services rep is off to speak to brand support and is giving me a call back when he know what the hell is going on!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
So the saga continues....
Spoke to dealer on monday who informed me that it was going to be September before I get the car, this was the same as what Seat CS were suggesting as well.

Rang Seat CS to make a complaint today to be informed my vehicle is due to arrive in Grimsby imminently!! WTF!!

The next question is how long it's going to be stuck in Grimsby for as the potential hold up could be WLTP related and they can't release the car without sign off.
Not sure if the 7speed dsg and Gpf are causing the delays on WLTP registration?

Anyway Seat customer services rep is off to speak to brand support and is giving me a call back when he know what the hell is going on!

You ordered exactly the same car as me yet 2 months later but potentially have it before me?!? ARGH!!! :D

st300

Apr 5, 2019
You ordered exactly the same car as me yet 2 months later but potentially have it before me?!? ARGH!!! :D
So after the anticipation comes the fall!!!

Seat rep just rang me back very apologetic! He had been reading wrong system! Car isn't in the UK and is provisionally planned for build week 38, as originally stated!

99% thought it was too good to be true.

Gives me a bit more ammo however when building my complaint!!

Diggler

Feb 9, 2019
UK
So after the anticipation comes the fall!!!

Seat rep just rang me back very apologetic! He had been reading wrong system! Car isn't in the UK and is provisionally planned for build week 38, as originally stated!

99% thought it was too good to be true.

Gives me a bit more ammo however when building my complaint!!

Annoyed and please in equal measure.;) This is all starting to take the piss a bit. I just want my car :cry::drive1:

Reactions: Slickric21

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Well I have officially cancelled my order today.

Hoping to have an order for a Golf R estate in Lapiz Blue accepted before the end of tomorrow.

It's the new spec which includes ACC, reverse camera, lane assist and keyless entry.

I'll be losing the panoramic roof, leather seats and DCC but saving £30 a month. Gutted about the roof and leather but I gain some extra quality and street rep!

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Well I have officially cancelled my order today.

Hoping to have an order for a Golf R estate in Lapiz Blue accepted before the end of tomorrow.

It's the new spec which includes ACC, reverse camera, lane assist and keyless entry.

I'll be losing the panoramic roof, leather seats and DCC but saving £30 a month. Gutted about the roof and leather but I gain some extra quality and street rep!
I'm not far off cancelling mine too.
Currently a load of 2017 BMW 335d touring's appearing for reasonable which I'm very tempted by.

Slickric21

Feb 23, 2019
Norfolk
Thank god for that !!
Movement at last at least someone is actually getting a car soon !!!!!!

You may end up getting your ST before I get my R ST after all this.
I’m stuck again in an endless loop of dealer bullsh*t false promises and deadlines missed.

He was supposed to have it in his stock 23rd May, then 3rd June, now he doesn’t know :banghead2

Pyrogena

Apr 14, 2019
I pick up my ST tomorrow at 3:30pm!!!

Dealer called on Wednesday to say car had arrived and they would have it ready "Maybe sometime next week..." I was less than impressed and dealer manager called me back to say car ready for Friday.

Finally...:clap:

st300

Apr 5, 2019
Just got a call and text to confirm my ST has a CONFIRMED!!! Build week, w27 1st July happy days!!
That's great news hopefully I'll get a confirmed date in the next couple of weeks too!
Have you been given an updated est delivery date?

I'm still expecting mine will have a 69 plate.

Positively, with all the issues I've had, Seat are sorting a courtesy car for the delayed period, won't be a cupra but at least I'll have a vehicle I can drive!

Reactions: Slickric21

Pferdestarke

Jun 9, 2019
Guys, new member here, drawn to the site because I’ve placed an order with a local dealer for a Cupra ST Lux with Pano roof. Initial delivery date (unconfirmed) of “October”...

However - apparently they haven’t placed my order as they have recommended waiting for Model Year 20, rather than placing an order for current Model Year 19. There will be some spec changes and the switch from 19-20 is apparently imminent.

Then I made the mistake of reading this thread and feel like I’ve got a very long wait ahead.

What are the issues with the Lux? How come communication is so bad with the factory and what dealers are told?

Finally, I’d ordered silver but the Seat uk press office tell Me that isn’t available, despite my dealer telling me it is.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Guys, new member here, drawn to the site because I’ve placed an order with a local dealer for a Cupra ST Lux with Pano roof. Initial delivery date (unconfirmed) of “October”...

However - apparently they haven’t placed my order as they have recommended waiting for Model Year 20, rather than placing an order for current Model Year 19. There will be some spec changes and the switch from 19-20 is apparently imminent.

Then I made the mistake of reading this thread and feel like I’ve got a very long wait ahead.

What are the issues with the Lux? How come communication is so bad with the factory and what dealers are told?

Finally, I’d ordered silver but the Seat uk press office tell Me that isn’t available, despite my dealer telling me it is.

Any help appreciated. Cheers.
Any ideas what the spec changes for my20 are?
You haven’t been able to order anything but black white or grey on a cupra for a while. I am hoping that my existing order for a desire red st which is also the lux with pano roof comes in the colour I ordered back in February.

There is a factory shutdown in August usually for about 2 weeks so that won’t help with build dates.

I’d rather get my car ASAP but if I was in your position I might be interested in what the new model year brings. Naturally depends on whether timing is important to you.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise