1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Progressive Parts Rolling Road Day - 17th November 2019 - find out more here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by TheLuckys, Jan 9, 2019.

1. luke2702

luke2702 Cupra K1

Anyone tried a Tuning Box? Bluespark have had good reviews over on the bmw forums.

2. JPR

JPR Active Member

I’ve been looking at a few - TDI tuning, DTUK, Racechip and JB4. I hadn’t heard of blue spark but looking at their site they are quite a bit cheaper than the others I’ve mentioned so would like to know more. Has anyone used them on a cupra?

3. KKaybe

KKaybe Active Member

If you're on a lease hire, I wouldnt risk it. I've heard bad things about this plug n go systems. If you're going to do it, get a propper map installed.

4. motty225

motty225 Active Member

Ran a dtuk on my 290 for 2 years and now on my s4 for 6 months and counting, not had a single problem, also wasn't picked up on the s4 when it went in for warrenty work, best option if your on a lease with warrenty

5. KKaybe

KKaybe Active Member

Fair enough, just heard many horror stories on some of these plug n play tuning boxes.

6. luke2702

luke2702 Cupra K1

My mate runs Bluespark on his m140 and it has been in for warranty work without it being detected.

7. Cupra_2019

Cupra_2019 Active Member

I received the bronze Cupra lettering overlays and have to say I like them a lot. IMG_20190509_142926_compress49.jpg IMG_20190509_143500_compress87.jpg

Bucksssss, r3d, dmpx and 4 others like this.
  8. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

Looks good on Mystery Blue!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

r3d likes this.
  9. Ian Fitzpatick

Ian Fitzpatick Active Member

Looks really good. Mine is mystery blue as well, how easy are they to stick on?

10. MifSal

MifSal Active Member

how did you stick them on and align it properly with the letter being so small??

11. Cupra_2019

Cupra_2019 Active Member

Its very simple just line it up and press. They are cut to size. To be honest I've done so many on cars over the years I've got used to it.

MifSal likes this.
  12. Juro

Juro Active Member

IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0056.jpg IMG_0055.jpg I have had my Cupra for 6 days and for the most part I absolutely love it, but I am having a couple of issues.

1st the infotainment system constantly freezes and I have to restart it to get it to work

2nd driving home tonight and my nearside light unit has failed and I have multiple error messages. It also looks as if there is loads of condensation in the light unit.

13. superdon

superdon Active Member

Looks like a new light assembly under warranty

14. Juro

Juro Active Member

That's what i was thinking. I will call breakdown in the morning as the indicator on that side isn't working either, so I can't drive it.

15. MifSal

MifSal Active Member

hello guys ive ordered a lower engine mount for my19 cupra from powerflex. Heard really good things about it and that it almost fully eliminates that disgusting wheel hop esp on the stock contis. Was wondering how much should i be expecting to pay a garage to fit this? surely it cant be more than a 20min job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Juro

Juro Active Member

I had SEAT assist out this morning for my headlight issue. They have confirmed it needs a new headlight unit and taken it to the garage. They have also arranged for a Golf R for me as a courtesy car.

I have to say SEAT assist have been great and all this was sorted out in a couple of hours.

17. Stephen Payne

Stephen Payne Active Member

How do you get seat assist? Does it come with the warranty or the service plan?

18. Juro

Juro Active Member

It comes with the warranty. Its the normal breakdown number you would call.
    The guy that came out said I did the right thing calling them as if I booked it straight into the dealer, I would not of got a like for like courtesy car.

19. Stefan147

Stefan147 Active Member

What happened to the headlight? Could it be due to excessive heat from the LEDs?

20. Juro

Juro Active Member

There is a cap behind the headlight and the guy from SEAT said it was loose and that is how the condensation got in there. He was going to try and replace the unit, but the whole bumper needs to come off.