1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by TheLuckys, Jan 9, 2019.

1. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

The muted burbles will make way for louder pops and even a bang or two when it has some miles on it. If you enjoy those, drop the back seat(s) down, they'll be way louder in the cabin.

I'm looking forward to your sound comparison video!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

bgb and Ryosaurus26 like this.
  2. Mystery290

Mystery290 Active Member

Thanks mate, I will try the seats down too - hopefully the videos will come out okay as my GoPro is broken so they’ll be iPhone videos :headhurt:

3. Craig Elliott

Craig Elliott Active Member

My Copra arrives tomorrow!! I absolutely cannot wait. It’s booked in Tuesday morning for a Res Delete right away.

Skyscraper120, bgb, Copeys and 2 others like this.
  4. Mystery290

Mystery290 Active Member

Little update - I’ve fitted the Pipercross panel filter and the Ramair intake hose & turbo inlet. Very little if any noticeable added sound as expected but car feels slightly easier at the bottom end as the turbo seems to be spooling sooner.

I’ve also fitted the res delete! I can confirm the V3 kit by Vagsport fits perfectly and I’m happy with the sound. Slightly deeper, and the pops on the overrun are definitely louder and more frequent. It’s also not too loud which is how I wanted it - nowhere near as loud as the video I found on YouTube in my previous post but certainly better than standard. Will be interesting to see how it sounds after some miles once sooted up a bit.

I’ve tried to get some video but as expected it’s not the best on iPhone sorry guys!

bgb and TheLuckys like this.
  5. Omi

Omi Active Member

Hello mate, work local to you and am doing res delete as soon as possible. Who fitted it for you and how much please?

Mystery290 likes this.
  6. Mystery290

Mystery290 Active Member

Hi mate, one of the guys at my work did it for me on our lift. I’m not sure who around here would do it to be fair - but my first point of call would be ‘Tints n Tweeks’ in Ashington, they should be able to help you. They are custom exhaust builders and I’ve had stuff done by them in the past and never had any issues!

TheLuckys likes this.
  7. Xrb

Xrb Active Member

It would be cool if someone could do a side by side video comparison of the 2019 model vs the previous model exhaust.. anybody can pull this off?

TheLuckys likes this.
  8. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

Would be very cool indeed, sadly I don't know anyone else driving a Cupra...

9. hallsy67

hallsy67 Active Member

Well mine is on 600 miles and I had the roof open yesterday with the other half sat passenger. Her face when it started popping on overrun was great. She drives it mainly and in comfort and kept asking why it didn’t do it when she’s driving. I’m not telling her

10. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

@Mystery290 How are you enjoying your res delete copra? Any droning on the highway?

I'm super curious how it sounds! Really looking forward to your video, even if it's crap quality.

Mystery290 and Ryosaurus26 like this.
  11. Mystery290

Mystery290 Active Member

I couldn’t be happier with it to be honest! It’s exactly how I wanted it to be - quiet and comfortable and only loud under heavy throttle! There’s no noticeable increase in drone at motorway speeds either which is a bonus...not sure if this is cancelled out by the 7th gear or the GPF? After some miles the tone has also improved and the pops are much more of a crack and louder, but only in Cupra mode which is also perfect! I’ll try and get a decent video this weekend to give you an impression how it sounds - watch this space

A9BNL, Ryosaurus26 and TheLuckys like this.
  12. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

Nice! I find the crackles and pops to be more pronounced in Sport mode actually, it seems the sound actor is drowning them out in Cupra...

I just fitted my summer tires this week, so I'll start working on some 0-100(60) shots.

Mystery290 likes this.
  13. Mystery290

Mystery290 Active Member

I haven’t actually tried sport mode yet - I have only used Comfort and Cupra - I thought Sport and Individual were somewhat redundant to me - as myself in particular I tend to go all or nothing, if I’m driving around town it’s in comfort and if I want to get moving or have a spirited drive on a twisty road it’ll be in Cupra, I couldn’t see any scenario when I’d want anything in between :shrug: but that’s just my opinion...

14. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

I find that Sport mode gives you 95% of the crazy power (plenty IMO), but without the sound actor going full bananas on you. Try it, I think you'll like it.

Mystery290 likes this.
  15. Mystery290

Mystery290 Active Member

I’ll give it a try tomorrow! I have to admit I really don’t mind the soundaktor as much as most on here, if anything I quite like it...but I guess if it tightens everything up without drowning out the pops that could be fun

16. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

With the lovely weather and dry roads, I thought I'd do some pulls to 100 (60). The best result I got, 5.4s, was in Sport mode without launch control.

In Cupra mode, or with launch control engaged there's just no stopping the tire spin, and 0-100 times become a few tenths slower (5.6 or so). Maybe with perfect conditions you can shave off .2s or so in Cupra mode with launch control.

I've shot some clips of it as well, which will appear on YT shortly. It wasn't easy to record, as the brutal acceleration caused the GoPro to fly around the cabin a few times...[​IMG]

Mystery290, bgb and Cupra_2019 like this.
  17. Cupra_2019

Cupra_2019 Active Member

H
    How did you record the times? I used my Carista dongle and torque pro app and managed similar times.

Attached Files:

18. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

I simply recorded using the Drag Racer app from the Play Store. It's probably not the most accurate, but I did repeatedly manage these times.

19. TheLuckys

TheLuckys Active Member

Watch the pulls on YouTube:

servicepoint and Cupra_2019 like this.
  20. Cupra_2019

Cupra_2019 Active Member

Minor change to make the cupra flag tie in with the copper theme.

Attached Files:

azBones, bigup, Mystery290 and 2 others like this.