The 2019 Leon Copra 290 thread

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I finally got my GoPro mounts today! Couldn't wait, so took the car out right away to get some exhaust shots.

Enjoy!
What exhaust do you have? Stock one or the one in the "carbon package"?

Your car does not sound even close to what the 300 4wd sounded like which i test drove earlier :O

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
It's completely standard. I'm considering doing a res delete, but I've yet to see and hear the difference it'll make. I've read about some people that had it done, but I haven't seen proper comparison videos yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I’m asking because I’m considering removing the resonator too, I’m actually struggling to get somewhere to do it though as they all want to weld the pipe in whereas I want to be able to swap back so I’m probably going to do it myself with the clamps.

Although after listening to your video I’m not sure removing the resonator is required.

Reactions: TheLuckys

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
What exhaust do you have? Stock one or the one in the "carbon package"?

Your car does not sound even close to what the 300 4wd sounded like which i test drove earlier :O
This is the stock exhaust on the 2019 290. It should sound different from the 300 ST, since the exhaust setups on those cars are not the same.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
This is the stock exhaust on the 2019 290. It should sound different from the 300 ST, since the exhaust setups on those cars are not the same.

Oh wow, the diffrence is really huge though!
The 300 does not fart or burble any :O

JPR

Dec 28, 2018
I’m asking because I’m considering removing the resonator too, I’m actually struggling to get somewhere to do it though as they all want to weld the pipe in whereas I want to be able to swap back so I’m probably going to do it myself with the clamps.

Although after listening to your video I’m not sure removing the resonator is required.
Where are you based? Progressive parts sell a res delete and offer reversible fitting for £36. They are in Manchester.

https://progressiveparts.com/vagsport-seat-leon-cupra-290-resonator-delete-pipe-kit-vagsp10005

DElliot12

Mar 17, 2019
Anyone else getting a weird rattle from the dash when accelerating? Normally between 20 and 40 miles an hour. I don't know if it's the engine note being piped into the cabin but it just sounds off. Higher rpm is fine and i have it permanently locked in Cupra mode

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
Anyone else getting a weird rattle from the dash when accelerating? Normally between 20 and 40 miles an hour. I don't know if it's the engine note being piped into the cabin but it just sounds off. Higher rpm is fine and i have it permanently locked in Cupra mode
Nope, but that does sound like the sound actor.

Neil Francis

Jan 28, 2019
Cambridgeshire
Cupra mode and when its warm it sounds decent to me, accelerate and let off the burble from the exhaust and then slowing down when it down shifts, no other mode does it which i like, sensible cruiser on the motorway to work and then a complete animal when you want it to be. 450 miles on the clock now and averaged between 30-38mpg depending on how i drive it though i didn't buy it for economy.

DElliot12

Mar 17, 2019
i've got 500 miles on the clock and only 29 mpg haha i got that out my 2.5 ST so i think I am flooring it to often. on my last note this is the weird noise i am getting inside the cabin...

Reactions: TheLuckys

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
Must be doing something wrong, 600 odd mikes on the clock and 23mpg.
I did manage 33mpg on one journey though.

Mar 3, 2019
I finally got my GoPro mounts today! Couldn't wait, so took the car out right away to get some exhaust shots.

Enjoy!
I love the bangs and pops! Great
I have one wish, maybe you could make the same video in a tunnel? That should sound more powerful

I also wish all of you a nice weeekend.
I must wait till August of my Cupra

TheLuckys

Nov 26, 2018
I love the bangs and pops! Great
I have one wish, maybe you could make the same video in a tunnel? That should sound more powerful

I also wish all of you a nice weeekend.
I must wait till August of my Cupra
That tunnel video is in the works! I just couldn't wait with uploading the first footage...

MifSal

Feb 7, 2019
D35BE851-22BA-402F-87E1-89BF9C367785.jpeg
E23F21ED-AD2C-4BFF-BCC2-17EEE0AA9215.jpeg
I had the cupra delivered to me last week on the 12th mystery blue non lux. Already on 800 miles absolutely love the car, comfort mode is really good for cruising along and cupra mode turns the car into a different animal. Couldnt resist taking it easy for the first thousand miles which is recommended but hey ho . Just to mention the car will sound really quite at the beginning but after a few hundred miles already the exhaust is getting louder, nice grunt and also dsg farts.

picture of her after the first wash ♥️

Arxeas

Mar 24, 2019
Hello everyone! I'm totally new in this forum and accidentally found it (glad i did) while browsing for information regarding the 5dr Cupra. I'm on the verge of ordering a Cupra myself and im getting different answers from the dealers and Seat's site so I thought of asking you guys who actually ordered the car or already own one. Does the internal LED lighting package come as standard? In the brochure from seat.com it says that it does but according to one of the dealers i've spoken to you have to order the panorama package to get it. Also, is the copper Seat logo on the front and back standard?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.