The ALCANTARA interior with Optional Bucket seats Mk3

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
OK... So I managed to find a 280 SC Sub 8 with every option I wanted...Monsoon grey/Orange line/DSG/Glass roof etc etc
But the original guy had opted for the full leather interior and std seats.

20190719_152911.jpg
20190719_160110.jpg 20190719_160124.jpg
I know these things are fairly new but there is always someone who's car is junked or they want a change or they decide they want more mods than the std options list.

So what I want to do is swap it out for a Full Alcantara interior with the bucket seats...LIKE THIS little lot below.

I am assuming the door cards are the same on either option, so don't need those (but I'll buy the whole lot if it's part of the deal), and I guess the seats are all the same front & rear whether its 3 or 5 doors

So...... WANTED Mk 3 interior with buckets seats ...cos if you lot can't find one then I'm a bit stuck :cheers:

1.jpg

Reactions: JoseKaLeL

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
Oh right....cheers Robby I never thought that through did I:doh:..... I assumed that as the bucket seats were on optional extra that they would not have made two styles of back section depending on which car they went in..

OK so I need seats from a 3 door ....ummm they will be a lot harder to find cos I'm guessing they sold a lot more 5 door leons

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Oh right....cheers Robby I never thought that through did I:doh:..... I assumed that as the bucket seats were on optional extra that they would not have made two styles of back section depending on which car they went in..

OK so I need seats from a 3 door ....ummm they will be a lot harder to find cos I'm guessing they sold a lot more 5 door leons
Have you looked round any breakers yards and just try and sell yours by themselves?

Action Man

Mar 24, 2019
Jimbo.... I have tried every breakers I can find and scanned e-bay here and in spain and germany ....I've not found any for sale....hence I've decided to try to find them off people how must have them.

I don't want to sell the ones I have , I'll just store that interior in my garage, cos that's what the car came with.... unless someone has a full interior and wants to swap then I would do that, but there in no point in selling the interior cos I doubt they are worth much, especially as it's from a 3door car....cos if Robbi71 is right then it will only fit a 3 door car and they didn't sell that many of them...and of them the % of people who will want to swap will be very small.

My guess is I'll get an interior from a car damaged beyond economical repair...which nowadays is not a lot of damage, especially on a 5 YO car.
Or from someone who has teh interior I want and they want to do a full custom interior or take the car racing or a track day special etc etc

I'm not in a rush cos I'll not be selling my car, so at some point the parts will be available

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.