The Awnser...N/A cams, are they worth it

MexxT

You should try and do a before and after result aswell.

If I can, I will.
But I think it is going to be my dyno now, and the new dyno compaired.

It makes 318bhp and 434Nm now.
But I'll keep you updated ;)

I traded in my 312mm brakes plus 75 bucks for 2 cams. :p
so free upgrade for me and made some money haha.
Only need to order some gaskets and seals.
oh and a new tensioner for the belt! it has a lot of miles on it, so better replace :p
belt is brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
deffo didnt look at the spec list of mine and just copy it to a tea?

wosners/rods/cams all the same. what power did it make?

MexxT

deffo didnt look at the spec list of mine and just copy it to a tea?

wosners/rods/cams all the same. what power did it make?

Sorry, Im dutch, I can understand/read English verry well, but this you have to explain haha.

what do you mean?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Part numbers sizes and engine code info

thanks for the info. Cams, and particularly the testing. Thankyou for Sharing :thumbup:

VW Prices for these are £254+vat each............ so finding used engines with these in... is the only "cheap" way of upgrading...

I can source "others" which are n/a spec which I am about to test in our lupo, and less ££

thanks for the info. Cams, and particularly the testing. Thankyou for Sharing :thumbup:

VW Prices for these are £254+vat each............ so finding used engines with these in... is the only "cheap" way of upgrading...

I can source "others" which are n/a spec which I am about to test in our lupo, and less ££

What cams are you going to be testing bill?

Be interested in gains over the OEM cams

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net

We are also using ADR cams in our stroker. I hope the engine can get in the car next week :( (still weeks until first crank)

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh

Bill,

did you ever get round to testing your other n/a spec cams - curious to see how you got on :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
It did nothing........ no gains in peak numbers.
lost some low down, held on to the peak longer. that was all.

3 cars tried them on now, same results on all of them

not worth the bother

teamx

Feb 4, 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
Well I only paid the equvalent of £47 for it so gonna give it a shot. Will report back once its been installed.

Thanks for the clear cut response, most people suger coat things way to much

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members