The Car Wrap pics!!

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
OK, busy few days but still managed to get some time lapse of us wrapping the Leon and a few finished pics!

YouTube - Leon Car Wrap

You may notice with interest the M+M mirrors have gone!!

Also please feel for me I have spend hours stripping the door cards / wing mirrors/ window mechs / locks from the car and refitting, the factory needs shooting for that particular engineering nightmare!!
:(

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
nice one !!!! :)

did i see you going for full spread on the 2nd side ?

Yeah second side was done as a single 5m+ piece!!!!!:blink: get a hole / crease / bubble in that and there would have been very bad language!!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Cool - although I would have chosen another colour lol.

I fancy having my roof done black. When this stuff is removed, is the paint free from marks/damage?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you got bigger balls than me - had a roll to do my roof for 5 weeks and not had guts to get on it yet - lol

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007

I fancy having my roof done black. When this stuff is removed, is the paint free from marks/damage?

Yeah the colour is personal to me! and in the flesh its a completely different Green (Lambo colour).

Providing the underlying paint is in good condition, the vinyl is applied by a trained fitter and the relevant test have been done first then when the vinyl is released (properly) then the paint is undamaged in actual fact protected from the last 5yrs of stonechips and washing etc!!:)

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
you got bigger balls than me - had a roll to do my roof for 5 weeks and not had guts to get on it yet - lol

Ha! yeah it takes commitment but if you know what to do then 10 M is just as easy to apply as 1 M !!:D

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Yeah the colour is personal to me! and in the flesh its a completely different Green (Lambo colour).

Providing the underlying paint is in good condition, the vinyl is applied by a trained fitter and the relevant test have been done first then when the vinyl is released (properly) then the paint is undamaged in actual fact protected from the last 5yrs of stonechips and washing etc!!:)

So when you buy a new car, buy a crap colour you hate ... get it vinyl wrapped in a colour you like and save hundreds of pounds ... then when you sell it, put it back to stock and make hundreds more for an unmarked car :)

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
So when you buy a new car, buy a crap colour you hate ... get it vinyl wrapped in a colour you like and save hundreds of pounds ... then when you sell it, put it back to stock and make hundreds more for an unmarked car :)

EXACTLY!! and the paint is protected underneath to boot!!

Just think everyone wants a lairy coloured or individual coloured car but have you ever tried to sell one??? this way buy whatever colour you like and not have the off road time or inconvenience of a re-spray plus its 100% reversible!:D

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Very cool , Other than the white/green.. all green would be alot nicer but good job !

I actually cut the film for the roof and decided not to apply it so all green is not a problem its just a few hours of work away! Also have easily enough of this stuff still on the roll for the bumpers etc but decided to stop where I was and try out the two tone!!!

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Where did you get the film from mate, i'm trying to get hold of a tiny bit of Gloss Black but dont know the best place to get it from and/or the right type?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

Al i am going to get my roof done gloss black and also the other black plastic the same and some new gloss black wheels , i think it will look ace.

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Where did you get the film from mate, i'm trying to get hold of a tiny bit of Gloss Black but dont know the best place to get it from and/or the right type?

The film comes to us in 50m rolls from the supplier (German) but you can buy small pieces from your local sign shop if a little piece is all you need. Saying that buying it and applying it are 2 different things!

Al i am going to get my roof done gloss black and also the other black plastic the same and some new gloss black wheels , i think it will look ace.

I think it would too mate, even though I have already cut the roof piece in green I am kinda thinking I might do it next week in matt black!!

so whats the potential price for a whole car?

Andy it depends on the film chosen and the type of car. There are only 2 variables here Labour and materials so dependent on those 2 you have your price! PM me if you have a query on getting a car done where about in the UK are you mate?

DeanJ

black topped
Oct 26, 2006
Birmingham
I think it would too mate, even though I have already cut the roof piece in green I am kinda thinking I might do it next week in matt black!!

Try the green out mate if you've already cut it, what have you got to loose, you can always change it. personally i think it'll look good even though i'm not the greatest fan of the green I think just those white bits at the front and rear will fit in nice.

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Also managed to get my wheel caps finally fitted today too:

Went from this (kinda mis matched because the wheels are now anthracite)

newwheels2-1.jpg

To this now just a centre cap and some bolt caps!!

caps21.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise