The Car Wrap pics!!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Wow, I've just been to Drive & Shine's website to see the finished pics.

For a minute I thought you had chosen to go 2 tone (white / green) and was resisting wanting to say "I'm not sure the 2 tone effect works", then I saw the final pics!

In all green in the finished images it looks nice, pretty impressed.

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Guys - I will decline to answer any further on this thread due to the commercial aspect of the business. Whilst this is indeed my car I appreciate SCN's view on this being construed as "trading" or being commercial. I have PM'd the mods to work out supporter status and will not discuss the business aspects of this until I have recieved confirmation that I can do so.

B Rgds

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
dubnut that's understandable as the rules help to cover everyone including yourself.
If you do get trader status I'm sure the site can generate a fair bit of business your way :D

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
dubnut that's understandable as the rules help to cover everyone including yourself.
If you do get trader status I'm sure the site can generate a fair bit of business your way :D
Appreciate when in someone else's house you obey their rules its only right!

looks very smart wil you be at any shows this year to see it in the flesh

I plan on coming to Deutsch connection and GTI International at the moment, any other suggestions gratefully received!!

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
Saw this car in the flesh today totally randomly on the M25. Looks very very nice. I was the one making mad gestures to u in the K1 Dub :D

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Saw this car in the flesh today totally randomly on the M25. Looks very very nice. I was the one making mad gestures to u in the K1 Dub :D

This all makes sense now!! I knew it would be someone on SCN, the K1 ws looking very good!

Bet you spotted me a fair way off too in that fog !!!:D

Taipan

Aug 11, 2003
Visit site
This all makes sense now!! I knew it would be someone on SCN, the K1 ws looking very good!

Bet you spotted me a fair way off too in that fog !!!:D

I reckon it was about half a mile away, knew before I even got close it was you then saw the plate.
Every car should be that colour in fog :D

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
Ok so its not my car and its a slightly different roof but this M3 was done today with a carbon fiber product and I thought the shots might be of interest to you guys!:

DSC_7105.jpg

DSC_7107.jpg

DSC_7109.jpg

DSC_7111.jpg

DSC_7113.jpg

DSC_7116.jpg

DSC_7118.jpg

DSC_7119-1.jpg

DSC_7121-1.jpg

:)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
What does this stuff look like over a very stone chipped bonnet?
Can you get thick enough stuff to cover up the inperfections to make it look like a brand new paint job?

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
What does this stuff look like over a very stone chipped bonnet?
Can you get thick enough stuff to cover up the inperfections to make it look like a brand new paint job?

the c/f is actually quite thick (relatively speaking) but you may still see minor imperfections where it settles into the chips the weave of this product helps with this. With a normal vinyl I'm afraid a stone chipped paint means a stone chipped vinyl as it is a thinner product and rally does show the imperfections below.

A bit of high build primer would help though ! :)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
the c/f is actually quite thick (relatively speaking) but you may still see minor imperfections where it settles into the chips the weave of this product helps with this. With a normal vinyl I'm afraid a stone chipped paint means a stone chipped vinyl as it is a thinner product and rally does show the imperfections below.

A bit of high build primer would help though ! :)
Yup or pollyfilla, lol

dubnut71

Oct 9, 2007
rareleons.jpg

Must say it's looks very nice and stands out from miles away (hence how I noticed it in the car park :D)

Ha !! that made me laugh mate!! I was just in town for a moment too and gave your car a good look over as its brilliant in that colour!! I never for a moment though someone would do a "spotted post":D:D

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Ha !! that made me laugh mate!! I was just in town for a moment too and gave your car a good look over as its brilliant in that colour!! I never for a moment though someone would do a "spotted post":D:D

Heh, I noticed it on the way up the ramps and had to come back down to park next to you and take a look. Was so shocked to see it, although I guess it is the easiest members car to recognize. :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise