The Definitive LED Bulb Replacement Parts Guide

SJamG

Oct 2, 2011
Hi. About to spend €108 in the ledperf store and wondered if others have got bulbs from here and I they are ok and top quality?

About to order full internal kit and full headlight and fog bulbs. ..

SJamG

Oct 2, 2011
I've got LED DRLs coming from Ledperf....I enquired about this before ordering and they said it should not generate an error.

I'll fit them and feedback.

Last edited:

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
I've just ordered and fitted the internal LEDs from LedPerf to my 2013 FR today. Straightforward enough to install with a bit of fiddling about.

I found it easier to unscrew and detach the panel the footwell lights are in rather than force the light cover out. The panel only has two screws holding it in place at the front (ie closest edge to the steering wheel. Also did the same with the glove compartment light. Again unscrew the three screws along the front edge and the panel falls down enough for you to work on the light. The vanity mirror bulbs are not great and rattle about causing a poor connection. Fortunately I'm not that vain to be using them a lot but if they rattle when I'm driving the original bulbs will be going back in.

Word of warning, do not buy the crap plastic fitting tools they are flogging with the bulbs. They are no where near thin enough or small enough to do the job. They look like some 6 year old has modeled them out of plaster-scene and then they've been put into production. A complete waste of money. I just used a really small and thin flat headed screwdriver and that did the job fine.

Also the instructions they send to you are in French so unless you are fluent it's installation by pictures which there are plenty of and easy enough to follow.

SJamG

Oct 2, 2011
J888ohn,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I pick up my Car tomorrow and the bulbs are set to arrive this week. I plan to get them all fitted in one night (got the headlight and matching DRLs and Fog Light bulbs too -so quite a few).

I was tempted by the tools they were selling, but reading the above I'm glad I didn't go for them...I plan to use a spudger which I use to take apart iPhones etc, so hope that will be ok.

Thanks again for sharing and I'll post similar when I get around to fitting.

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Drove my car in the dark tonight. It looks frickin awesome when I unlock it and the inside is illuminated by the white LEDs. So glad I went for red for the glove box as it totally compliments the dash lighting now. The red footwells are cool too and I think I might use my laptop and the diagnostic software to set the door strips to permanent red too.

As suspected the vanity mirror lights don't work cause they are rattling around too much. Fortunately they don't make a rattling sound so what I think I'll do is open it back up and try to bend the connections in closer. Also the front roof lights are permanently on when I'm driving. Not bright but enough to annoy me (my happiness is easily bugged when things don't work right so it might not annoy others). The bulbs come with a set of resisters in vase this happens so I'll need to read up on what to do with them. If it's too complicated I might just order two red ones to replace them.

SJamG

Oct 2, 2011
Sounds awesome! Any chance you could take some pics? I've gone for the red footwell bulbs, be good to see a preview..

Looking forward to getting my car and getting the LEDs fitted!

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
Mmmmm I just went out and took some pics with my phone but can't seem to attach them to this thread. It keeps on asking me to type in a URL for their location on the web rather than allowing me to attach a file. I've not got anything account like Flickr so unless someone can tell me another way to get pics on this I can't share. Sorry. :(

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
apparently you need to put them on photobucket first, then put the link on your thread here.
according to some threads I've read before. My car's utterly standard so there's no point in me putting any pics up!

Bens

Hey guys, i found Made in Germany, two year warranty license plates lights, not just bulb, but whole part, with resistors, left and right housings etc.
Item number on ebay is 361023894294 so feel free to check this out and share any opinions.

Is this thing worth all the money?

Bens

I'm pretty sure they ALL come with LED licence plate lights

I just took out my lightbulb, stock yellow on, made by Toshiba:) (Im from Croatia so idk, different market, different stuff they put inside)

But please, if anyone has any thoughts about my post above pls say anything, im about to grab this piece, and 2y warranty seems nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy95

Jul 1, 2014
Coventry
does anybody know how you change the two front roof lights? Have managed to change the footwell, sun visor lights, rear roof lights but can't figure out how to get to the front roof lights to change them :/ I tried pulling it down but I didn't want to break anything, so any advice would be great :D Thanks in advance!

Pennnyfold

Feb 17, 2015
Hi guys I have bought new bulbs to replace the yellow front fogs as they don’t match the led headlights but I can’t get the fogs to come out. Looked at the manual and it says that removing the screw on the front should let me take the grill off but it won’t budge. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Pennnyfold

Feb 17, 2015
Thanks terryt, that look like the bumper i have. Must have missed that thread, will give that a shot today.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.