The Ibiza 20vt

Higgi-1992

Hi guys here is my new MK3 Seat Ibiza 1.8 20vt. got it last saturday from pompey for £1700. 105k on the clock, tax and mot. Loads of paperwork on it.

This is my 2nd 1.8 20vt, first one being a mk4 golf that i done a engine conversion on and won a few local shows with as put my hart and soul into it.

Back to the ibiza here is the spec. just got new alloys in the post today that i hope i can get fitted after work tomorrow afternoon.

Spec
Forge fmic
Forge TIP
Forge 007p
K03S Turbo
Jbs exhaust manifold
Jetex exhaust system
Sports cat
4 Bar fuel reg
Pipercross induction
solid flywheel and sports clutch
Oil temp gauge
Boost gauge
Jamex coilovers
17inc rota slips (coming off)
Tinted windows
Tinted rear lights
B&M gear stick
Rear de wiper
8000k HID
Hecko window deflectors
Seat cupra number plate surrounds
Clifford alarm system
Half leather interior
uprated speakers all round

when i am allowed to add pics i will :)

Higgi-1992

Yer i seen mate bit different to ukmkivs.

So alloys are not on yet due to misses saying there for xmas but were soon sort that one out :)

Last night went out with my local tuning guy and good mate of mine GHE Tuning for some data logging and all good no problems at all which is good and boosting just fine at 1.3 bar. Only really little problem was a bit high intake temp but going to give the intercooler a clean and see what happens as the intercooler was nice and cold but temp was 32 + which maybe a sensor fault.

Next plan now for me and GHE tuning is to get a hybrid turbo conversion, i was going to do this with the golf this winter before breaking her and scraping her on saterday

Higgi-1992

Why you say that mate a £715 intercooler over a cheap uni one ??

Higgi-1992

Ill see what happens. as soon as i hit 15 post ill get some pics up of the ibiza and me golf

Higgi-1992

Hit 15 post :) can now get some pics up.

So ill start with my pride and joy of a golf which has now gone to heaven in the scrap yard. Started life as a standard 1.6 16v mk4 golf and over 2 years i turned her into a 1.8t AUM ko3s custom code mapped.

Engine conversion 1.6 16v > 1.8 20vt
K03S
Custom Code GHE Tuning Remap
Honda S2000 Cone Filter with heat shield
Full 2.5inc Milltek Exhaust With 3inc De-Cat
4 Bar Fuel Regulator
Bam Injectors
Forge 008p
Creation Motorsport Intake Pipe
Front Mount Intercooler
Forge Actuator
ECS N75
Braided fuel lines
Silicone hoses

Now for the ibiza, had her 2 weeks now and loved it. only done few little bits to it since owning up but bigger and better things to come. So since owning it all i have done is new number plates, number plate surrounds, new 17inc alloys and some blue hoses in the bay.

Few pic that i have

Higgi-1992

Quick update. done a few bits to the engine bay and ordered a upper strut which will be here in the next few days.

In the last week the thermostat when and so did the MAF so they have been changed

Car will be going on the rolling road tomorrow

Higgi-1992

Rolling road day yesterday.. first time the cars been on the rollers since 2010 when it ran 208bhp so anything over 210 bhp i would be happy with.

First run was my best run but i did see the the computer screen in time but was told it ran 230bhp measured 218 bhp corrected.

The 2nd run was 226 bhp 215bhp 256 lbs/ft

Heres the print out

Higgi-1992

yer mate all good for a stage one on a ko3s with few other mods added.

Higgi-1992

Not much going on at the min took the rear seats and that out ready to get some bucket seats fitted and trying to contact a lad who had a half roll cage for sale with no luck of reply yet put hopefully still has it.

New led fog lights ordered

Higgi-1992

Strut brace arrived today.. plan for the weekend get it sprayed gloss black

Last edited by a moderator:

Higgi-1992

So strut brace has been primed and painted gloss black and fitted will get pics up in next few days..

Just bought a T prace and some silicone hoses to put the dump valve on the cold side which all in all cost me £30.80 compared to forges silicone pipe at £130.

Also had a spare pair of wing mirrors so they have gone to Exeter to be carbon wrapped

Will get it fitted and pics up.

Also i Now have the rear interior out and hoping to have some buckets in soon but i think turbo will come first unless a lad i know sells me his soon

Too pics i had done on the weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise