The law on number plates.....?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
This document explains everything your number plates require to conform to current UK legislation...

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/media/pdf/leaflets/displayofnumberplates.pdf

chris1985

ive got uk font pressed plates on mine. got stopped and fined 2 weeks ago because they was dirty then they started asking about the plates. they told me they shouyld have the bsau mark on them and the logo of the place that made them but because they were reflective and the font was fine they couldnt see a problem with them apart from the dirt and left it at that

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
ive got uk font pressed plates on mine. got stopped and fined 2 weeks ago because they was dirty then they started asking about the plates. they told me they shouyld have the bsau mark on them and the logo of the place that made them but because they were reflective and the font was fine they couldnt see a problem with them apart from the dirt and left it at that

sorry its of topic but... how dirty were they, black as black and couldn't see a thing on them. or could u still kinda see the letters ?

mines are getting in a bad way but its just too cold to clean LOL

si

chris1985

they was quite bad, plate was completly covered but you could still make the letters out because they was raised and they managed to read the plate and write the reg on the slip.

when they stopped me it was -5 degrees, foggy and the dirt coming off the roads meant the car was dirty as soon as i drove it but they said i should keep a rag in the car to clean the plate

chris1985

they was dirty and probably not reflective because of all the dirt but they were still readable by eye.

they were going on about gatsos not reading them etc which makes me think that when i drove past them there anpr couldnt read my plate hence the stop

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members