The Low'n Slow Altea... *Update*

KD

Well... where to start?
Oh, I bought this wonderful Seat Altea 1.6i Stylance from 2007 in October 2011 - my first car actually :D
After few days, i already wanted to change some things, but its never stop I guess :rofl:

When i got it....
file.php

file.php

First mod - LED interior light (remaining the rear Read-spots)
file.php

file.php

Next I changed the grill to a Kamai one and Dectane Dayline lights where was modified, so the LED-stripe is turned off. Installed with Xenon 6000K and MTec Gold Vision 3000K in Foglights.
file.php

file.php

Now we talking! Its begins to take shape ;)
3rd brakelight, rear fogligt and Reverselight got a makeover with some FoliaTec tint.
Also got a Leon 1P Cupra exhaust system from the Cat. installed. And of course a little Wheel*****s sticker :p

Before:
file.php

After:
file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

file.php

About summe 2012.. Got my wheels: Kleemann TS7 Monoblock 8,5x19" and some 235/35R19 Hankook ventus S1 Evo2 K117... Nice stuff IMO.
But damn... we need to pull it down from the sky!
file.php

Installed my new FK Sport Edt Plus coilover kit. All down in front and 2/3 at rear i think. Much better :)
file.php

file.php

I also want it looks good inside so we start easy... Golf MK5 GTI/Cupra footrest installed (not easy because of the handle in the side :censored: ), still needs the other 3 pedals from the GTI.
file.php

The old bumper was to tame to look at, so i bought a OEM FR from a TFSI in white.. but...
file.php

Had to fix the edges around the headlights i bit!
file.php

My local Painter did the job and paint it LCZ9 Black Magic as the car is - Awesome job!

A Ebony Black Cupra grill was also installed.. Looks good!
file.php

And....
Here we go!
file.php

More updates later! Thanks for looking :D

Reactions: Dank94

KD

New Update! 13-1-2013

Got a new steeringwheel..
A light used FR from a TFSI with Paddles. But it should be easy to remove and only leaves a small hole without sharp edges. Looking forward to see the result :)

dmp8aa.jpg

bdlbvc.jpg

2d6rv5i.jpg

KD

The guard is something all Vans (you know.. only 2 persons in front and no seats back) in denmark have. It should recover the diver against things in the loadroom in back (Dont know what its called?)
Thats also the reason, why the licenseplate i a bit yellow and rest white. Normally its all white :)

KD

A little update from today...

Sadly the FR steering wheel didnt fit my car, because of whee are two types of them, with diffrent Airbag locks, and guess... i got the wrong one... So now im looking for a new FR og are Cupra.

I have some plans with the interior.. Decided to try the new PlastiDip on the Air Vents frame (Pictures). Turned out good imo! :)
now i just need the black speedo cover, climatic cover and a black radio or 2Din frame from the FR.
6p28p4.jpg

15g5fls.jpg

Also got the last LED to the interior. The roofspot at back and the one in the trunk. Looks good and where is MUCH more light! :D
So the Interior light is D O N E !
330ec1y.jpg

ev2y5h.jpg

And last... Tried to buy some H3 LED for the foglights. Look good, but they dont helps much on the road... The color is pure white, difficult to see on the picture :/
34ik521.jpg

1z21ti0.jpg

Thinking about new wheels and maybe a new rearend like that... what do you think?? :)

aweuew.jpg
But i still love my Kleemann ones!

35iudmb.jpg

This, without these lights. But the std ones with smoked folie and a ICC spoiler. The R32 exhaust is just damn expensive! :(

bertandernie

Apr 4, 2010
Nice motor mad I had a 1.6 stylance but changed that to 2.0 tdi so much quicker car but do like your mods :)

KD

The only reason why i have a 1.6, and dont drive a Cupra, G5 GTI or a FR 2.0 TFSI is because of the taxes and insurance here in denmark. You pay ALOT! for a car here.

180% do you pay, only to get the License Plates, when you buy a brand new car.
And when you are under 24 years, the insurance is to expensive!

But thanx! ;)

pdh 14a

Mr Fussy
Jan 21, 2008
Swansea
The guard is something all Vans (you know.. only 2 persons in front and no seats back) in denmark have. It should recover the diver against things in the loadroom in back (Dont know what its called?)
Thats also the reason, why the licenseplate i a bit yellow and rest white. Normally its all white :)

Learn something new every day lol.thanks,and keep up the good work! [B)]

KD

Haha, yep every day ;)
Thanks mate! :)

Just got 8 sheets of STB Silver 265x375mm 2mm Botyl. It should sound proof and to allow resonance of the body. Looking forwards to that :)

img.asp

And got a ICC Tuning roof spoiler!
fbvsis.jpg

KD

Well.... The old brakes are pretty much done in the front - so got some new Discs, pads, caliber renovation set and 2 Motip Caliber Spray in Red :D
Brembo in front (thinks its 280 or 286mm?) and SBS at rear.
30w7c7a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

skard

Dec 29, 2011
UK
Nice to see a thread with stuff being done to the Altea.

Interesting about the mixed colour numberplates, I notice here in Norway they have green front plates for two seater vehicles.

KD

Nope, never changed the brakes. I have driven 20.000 km in it, since I got i, and they are done now :)
But it should be easy to change..

Yea.. there are not many Altea-builds in here? Wierd..
Mine is a Private VAN, so i can only use it to private use.
If its all White, is a Private car, with backseats. If its all Yellow, its typical only for Business, but some of them are also combined for private/business. :)
Difficult to explain ;)

KD

Take a look here for your rear brakes mate. Link.

Thanks alot mate! I also have to take the pistn out of the calibers, and first remove alle the dust and whatever there can be, paint them and renovate them with new rubber manchets, bleed screw etc. :)
May take a while I think...

Sun_Tze

Silly question... do the tyres rub in any way on your car? And the grill is from a Post-restyling Cupra, or Pre?

KD

When i have the summer tires fitted, it can rub sometimes in front. But I will warm the hub in the fender up, and press it in, so its flat. Should help a little :)

The grill is a OEM Leon Cupra 1P one. Pure oem, no restyle or anything ;)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members