The MK4 audio thread!

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
Yes or you may have a blue and white power antenna wire. This will also give a 12V out. Its likely that you have this, look for two wires coming out of one pin.
and cal91, yeah sounds like a good build. and yeah sound deadening is possibly the best way to spend 100 quid on audio. You will notice a massive difference. And if you wire in the sub its one job less to do in the future.
This stuff is great:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/second-skin-damplifier-bulk-kit.html

the blue and white wire wasnt on the iso block so wired to to stereo remote and its working. thanks for the help

Cbreslin91

on all the sites it says the Connects 2 CTSST002 is for ibiza models upto 2005, mines a 2007 and it says to get a different one but im not convinced? can anyone reassure me?

xpa

Dirty Derver
Oct 13, 2009
Milton Keynes
Should be fine, If your unsure give them a ring but Its mainly due to people not realising not all the vag range moved over to fakra in 2005, the ibizas still had the old skool wiring :p

Leighrj

Hey guys, awesome thread really helpful.

I have a question, I dont know which wire to connect to the amp.
Whenever I turn my car off, the amp stays on.

Have to run it off manually. My headunit is the standard Alana.

Thanks

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hey guys, awesome thread really helpful.

I have a question, I dont know which wire to connect to the amp.
Whenever I turn my car off, the amp stays on.

Have to run it off manually. My headunit is the standard Alana.

Thanks

See the other thread you posted in - pin 5 in head unit goes to the remote wire of your amp.

martotdi

Don't know whether anyone can help iv got an 06 plate fr but with pre canbus wiring to which I have just fitted a Sony stereo with the steering control adapter and all works fine apart from the lights on the steering wheel don't work- any ideas? Thanks

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
Don't know whether anyone can help iv got an 06 plate fr but with pre canbus wiring to which I have just fitted a Sony stereo with the steering control adapter and all works fine apart from the lights on the steering wheel don't work- any ideas? Thanks

I was 99% sure they don't light up, mine don't. Did they light up before?

Ginjaninja92

Hey folks quick question.
I'm a complete square when it comes to car audio so looking for a wee bit of help, Car is a '52 plate 3 door.
So I just invested in a set of Alpine coaxial speakers for the front doors after mine died. Question is, which of the 4 wires are going where on the new speakers?
Also, on another note, my radio doesn't come on or off with the ignition. I have absolutely no idea why?

Thanks in advance :)

Apr 14, 2011
Great write up :) defo goin to use when I do my rear speakers. Are The 6x9s a lot better than standard size ?

wenman

Red Ibiza 1.8T
Mar 28, 2009
Cheshunt
Who has fitted a sinlge din with pop out screen? Do they still play when the screen is in so you can get access to the cup holder etc..?
I have one :)
I've put mine below the cubby hole, i had to trim inside the dash to get it to fit, and when the screens up you cant use the cup holder!
And yep you can close the screen and still have your music on so you can use the cup holder

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Im having issues with the car not saving my settings?

If it's an aftermarket head unit - you will need to swap over the two live wires.
The settings are being lost because the permanent live that the head needs has been connected to the ignition live of the car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.