The Motorists Centre Canterbury - Brilliant !!

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
It came to my first 10k Service for my car.

On recommendation from several other members here I rang The Motorists Centre and booked in my car. I managed to book it in just 2 weeks before and they arranged for a courtesy car as well.

From the outset even on the phone Colin was very helpful and friendly, offering completely impartial advice. The guys would even stop to talk to you on the phone just to chat cars.

The service the team gave could not be faulted and their reasonable prices made me even happier. They even left me a bottle of screen wash in my cup holder as they had not needed to use it all to fill mine up.

They really took care of my car and offered me assurance all the way that they treated our cars the way that they would their own, and they were right. It was nice to see on picking my car up that they had even parked it away from the curb so not to scratch my alloys.

So a big thumbs up to Colin and his team at the Motorists Centre Canterbury. I will definitely be back.

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
They are not even local to me really, it was an hours drive away but well worth it.

So anyone who is in the South East, get your self down there.

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Well it was raining at the time but they did yes, Colin said they do try and give all the cars a wash over if they can.

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
FR-RUSH said:
They are not even local to me really, it was an hours drive away but well worth it.

So anyone who is in the South East, get your self down there.
I used to do something similar to get my car serviced at Francis in Leicester instead of uing my nearest Stealer due to too many unpleasent experiences, but that's another matter.

MR MEOW

Its A Shame That They Are No Longer A Seat Dealer Because They Have Allways Had A Good Reputation .

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
MR MEOW said:
Its A Shame That They Are No Longer A Seat Dealer Because They Have Allways Had A Good Reputation .

If my understanding of the European block exemption laws is correct, im not sure how it matters either way.

Any garage using the correct equipment and sourcing official SEAT parts can service a SEAT vehicle even if its still under the manufacturers warranty, hence I would of thought that is why the Erwin system was brought into play, so garages/dealers etc that are not franchised SEAT dealers can get access, (for a fee) to technical information relating to the vehicles SEAT produce, otherwise what is the point of the Erwin system. :confused:

Im not sure how their reputation is in question, even if they are no longer a SEAT dealer?? Just because they are no longer a SEAT dealer, it does not in anyway mean they had the franchise removed, it could of been a business decision.

I know of many dealers over the past few years, that have for their own financial reasons got out of the franchise market, it tends to be the smaller firms that leave, who can't afford the expense of revamping their premises to meet the visual expectations of a manufacturer.

When really they should be looking at improving the customer service elements of their dealer networks, you'll find most customers would buy their car from any old place, as long as they get treated as valued customers and not a mug who walks in off the street.

ZBOYD said:
Im not sure how their reputation is in question, even if they are no longer a SEAT dealer?? Just because they are no longer a SEAT dealer, it does not in anyway mean they had the franchise removed, it could of been a business decision.

Possibly something to do with Barratt's becoming a main dealer???

Closer to town for a lot of people, and already built on a reputation with Jaguar, Subaru, Hyundai, Citroen, and, Land-Rover, MG/Rover, Mercedes at Ashford

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
Well I have no problems recomending the Motorists Centre to anyone needing servicing or parts for their car. Great bunch of people.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Vicky M said:
Possibly something to do with Barratt's becoming a main dealer???

Closer to town for a lot of people, and already built on a reputation with Jaguar, Subaru, Hyundai, Citroen, and, Land-Rover, MG/Rover, Mercedes at Ashford

In other words another big franchise group, trouble is, it is often these big groups that tend to be the ones dishing out the poor service, not that anyone has claimed any bad service from Barratts, to my knowledge.

Still not sure how that begrudges the reputation of the Motorists Centre?

The smaller places do seem to have a better idea of customer service, in my experience, hopefully its a trend rubbing off on the bigger franchises.

Other dealerships shouldn't be making opinions on a public forum though, about other dealerships. :whistle:

sorry, didn't make it very clear.

Wasn't any reason to dis their reputation, more of a reason as to why they are no longer a SEAT dealership.
Small businesses can't afford to challenge the big guy, and Barratt's is pretty big across Kent.

Had dealings with them for Landrover, and Subaru (b*stards refused to service my WRX STi coz it was an import, what a :w4nk: excuse)

We've only dealt with Hidson's Maidstone, but moving to Gillingham next week, and Hidson's Rainham will be about 30 secs down the road.

A Very good friend of my parents works a Hollis Seat in Dover, but it's never to mix business with pleasure :no:

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
ZBOYD said:
In other words another big franchise group, trouble is, it is often these big groups that tend to be the ones dishing out the poor service, not that anyone has claimed any bad service from Barratts, to my knowledge.

Still not sure how that begrudges the reputation of the Motorists Centre?

The smaller places do seem to have a better idea of customer service, in my experience, hopefully its a trend rubbing off on the bigger franchises.

Other dealerships shouldn't be making opinions on a public forum though, about other dealerships. :whistle:

I agree

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Think i can clear a couple of things up for you here

The Motorist Centre decide off our own backs to give up the SEAT franchise (we were not bought out, we're not going bankrupt, we wern't terminated by SEAT UK and i've lost count of the other rumours i've heard regarding this)

This was decided before Barretts actually took on the SEAT franchise in Canterbury so has nothing to do with them taking on the franchise it was a descion by my managing director as he'd had enough after 15 years of being a main dealer.

In January this year we stopped stocking new SEAT's. We are still however an approved SEAT Service centre meaning we are still able to do all aspect of service and warranty work.

Hope that clears that up for you and we're still here doing what we do best as a few of you already know

:)

fairplay

puts an end to all the speculation :yes:

I know a few of the kent boys (and now stretching further) are very happy with the service received, so will therefore continue to use and recommend yourselves.

We use a main dealer purely for the convenience factor. Dealer is 2 mins drive from Vick's work, and their counterpart is a 30 second drive from our new address.

Keep up the good work, i'll recommend on hearsay from other SCN members :yes:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
MR MEOW said:

probably best they are not as they would end up going the way of all the other dealers.

Like all of the best dealers they have a long reputation which counts for so much in this world of newbie garages popping up all over the place. They remind me so much of Burgess in sittingbourne who have also been around about the same time doing FIATs.

Keep the conversions going boys, I'm sure the motorist centre are happy with the new custom:)

PS Ben I will be down tomorrow to order my intercooler and bumpers etc, so best have your pen ready.:)

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise