The Post Thruxton BTCC Thread (or Neal is a D*ck)

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Well as one of the survivors of the Thruxton beanfeast here's just a few thoughts:_
-
Great turnout by SCN and epic Camping party. Congratulations to all concerned with providing a cracking weekend.

The complex was definitely turned into SEAT hill, :flag: just a real shame our support couldn't secure those last three points:(

Good News that JP has re-signed for Seat and will try next year almost certainly in the TDI.

Unsurprising news Matt Neal has signed for VXR .No shock there as he clearly started driving for them yesterday.*!@@@* .Talk about unsportsman like conduct. Check the BTCC.net thread for a lively discussion on that topic.

Anyway it's been a classic season all in both on and off track. Hope to see many more of you next year. :wave:

DEVIL

Have to agree i don,t think i have ever seen so many Seat flags in my life and im glad i made the last minute decsion to go.What a great atmosphere.

I think Matt the TW*T Neal should be strung up from the nearest lamp post[:@]

And the main man JP deserves a medal and a good long holiday.:seatgod::seatgod:

Deleted member 13581

Brilliant weekend, and well worth the drive down. Thanks to everyone for making the weekend great

Will defo be going to some next year. (A bit closer to home mind you :lol:)

Pity about the result, but theres always next year and will be even better beating Neal in a Vauxhall.

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
I can think of a lot of things to call Matt Neal at the moment but I'll have to make do with spineless hypocrite!

Apparently, while he was trying to push JP off the track in race two he considered it to be "trying to get points for Team Halfords and Honda". However, as he was happily waving past anyone in a Vauxhall in race three it i seems his noble goal had gone out the window and he merely had one thing in mind - to stuff Plato and get in with his new bosses.

Being a follower of motorsport, the one thing I really can't stand is people who profess to be holier than thou to the media and are then devious and unsporting (think Ron Dennis and you'll know where I'm coming from)

What we do know then is that Matt Neal, as well as being a sore loser, is also a hypocrite. Always happy to criticize others methods of driving and always it would seem prepared to bend the rules for his own gain.

Congratulations to Jason for a brave fight (Darren was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard as usual) and to Fabrizio for being the only other driver in his league and thus the only other worthy winner (and a damn nice bloke too! - it's terrible when you can't dislike your enemy!)

Tw*t Neal however better watch his arse next year. I shall enjoy seeing him thrashed by both his team-mate and most importantly - US!

Last edited:

lozzy

I do think Plato got a bit of a laugh in race three though when he shunted Neal up the backside. I can imagine him saying, "Right you :censored:, time to get my own back"""

Gave Neal a taste of his own medicine if you ask me.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Just watched the final race, to say i am pissed off is an understatement. Matt Neal was bang out of order and a complete **** as usual.

Even worse was the post race interview with Mike Nichols the VXR team manager. Great lying mate, but i would'nt play poker. He said, it was great watching all my three vauxhalls out front, and all of them raced amazingly in the last race. Then when questioned about Neal he said " Matt Neal, oh i did'nt see him was he involved with Alain back in 14th" Yeah riht toss pot, you never saw Matt Neal wave both your cars through and then mess with JP. Of course not

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I noticed on another messageboard a very interesting question was put.

Basically the question was a Devils Advocate question. If you were going to join a team and you knew by helping them they would become Champions...would you help if you knew it would make the difference between getting respect and support???

It won't be the end of your career I know, but how well could you function as part of a team without those factors if you wanted a car capable of winning? We all know what the word "respect" means and "support" can be both emotional and in terms of engineering.

If the answer is yes to that question can we judge M*** N***??

I for one can because I wouldn't help my future new team...if I knew I would get respect and support anyway. Until I join my future team remains a rival whose business in none of mine.

I am not justifying what N*** did because althouth it ain't in the rulebook it is not sporting behaviour. But it might be good to get this into perspective.

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
I noticed on another messageboard a very interesting question was put.

Basically the question was a Devils Advocate question. If you were going to join a team and you knew by helping them they would become Champions...would you help if you knew it would make the difference between getting respect and support???

It won't be the end of your career I know, but how well could you function as part of a team without those factors if you wanted a car capable of winning? We all know what the word "respect" means and "support" can be both emotional and in terms of engineering.

If the answer is yes to that question can we judge M*** N***??

I for one can because I wouldn't help my future new team...if I knew I would get respect and support anyway. Until I join my future team remains a rival whose business in none of mine.

I am not justifying what N*** did because althouth it ain't in the rulebook it is not sporting behaviour. But it might be good to get this into perspective.

If you are paid by somebody to do a job, and you don't do it, what does that say of you?

If your future employer sees that once your services have been bought, your loyalty to the people to whom you are still contracted goes out of the window, do you think your future employer will remember that when the chips are down?

Sorry but you might be able to excuse the lack of loyalty and the unsportsmanlike behavior if it had anything to do with the desire to win at all costs..... which is a natural trait of a committed sports person.

However, letting cars through to suit your own ends is just pathetic and goes completely against the whole point of motorsport. Matt Neal wasn't interested in Fair play or winning races on Sunday, just looking after number one at the expense of the sport and the motor racing public that paid good money to see a fair fight.

What a ******!

Last edited:

FerrariStu

Scuderia Leona
Feb 15, 2007
Oh yeah, and if you have to show that amount of weakness to someone to get their respect and support, then it can't be worth anything much really can it?

Rant Over :mad:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I did cover this on the other thread. Where Scott Dennis also echoed my sentiments.

The guy isn't worth ranting about, don't stoop to their level.

We'll beat them next year. :)

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
I did cover this on the other thread. Where Scott Dennis also echoed my sentiments.

The guy isn't worth ranting about, don't stoop to their level.

We'll beat them next year. :)

I don't think I am ranting so much as making a point.

But the fact is we ARE talking about someone who in all likelyhood won't mind in the least this fiery talk over him. Their are people I think that exist who love all negative opinions about them...because it is getting them noticed far more than their rivals, if any.

We ought to stop talking about him and learn for the future not to rise to anything he does or says.

Deleted member 13581

Couple of action pictures from the weekend.

More to come in a Thruxton Pictures thread.

1st Corner of the 1st race.

PICT0447.jpg

Plato on the 1st race.

PICT0448.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.