the rare 150 bhp tdi sport

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
does anyone own one?
as far as i can see it has the 150 bhp pd tdi motor,tear drop shaped mirrors,leon cupra style seats.and that seems to be it.does it have anything else that would temp a potential buyer from buying it over a 110?
the standard wheels look hideous so thats one thing against it,but looks like it sit s slightly lower than other models,does it have "sports" suspension?
it seems like seat never even built it ,as far as finding information on this model goes.
basically do i buy a 110 and save a packet,or get a small loan and buy a last of the line 150 sport.
how supportive are the seats in a 110 ?they look like you would fall out at the slightest hint of a bend,of course the car i choose will remain completely standard :whistle:

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
There are only 2 showing on the approved used car section at SEAT dealers so looking very rare indeed.

Both Grey 54 plate cars, 1 49k £7495, the other 27K £7795.

Closest one to you is in Hampshire.:(

maccyn

I have a Toledo Sport 150, 54 plate. What do you wanna know about it?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
hello there :D
basically what kind spec are they?is it just the engine thats "different" it seems to have a slightly better/newer trim level than 110's i have seen,also "looks" slightly lowere than others i have seen.
are you happy with it?
oh and welcome to cupranet ;)

maccyn

:) I am very happy with it. Had it for about 18 months. Paid £9,500 when it had done 11,000 miles. Has been remapped (custom code phase one) since July and I am getting 48-49mpg using Shell diesel. Haven't had to do anything else to it except sort out a brake caliper problem once.
I don't know what the spec of the other models are. I believe mine is standard. 6 speed gearbox, handles well (I am not sure of the exact suspension spec), wheel and seats easily adjustable, fog lamps, original alloys, very comfortable inside, electric mirrors, climate control, trip computer etc. I have replaced the single CD radio with a CD changer model I already had.
I didnt really know what I was getting, it just looked a very good buy and so it turned out. I can't see i'll have a reason to change it soon.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
i dont have one but God, this car is the real sleeper.
i think it has the ARL engine code and when remapped is capable of 200 bhp plus cupra scary torque figures.
spec wise, it should be similar to the Toledo sport petrol of the same year.
please, dont ever compare it with the 110bhp toledo.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
this is what i am weighing up.buy a 110 for next to bugger all money,and choon it a bit,or spent money i haven't got bucket loads of, on a 150.
and the 110(non pd) will be a bit happier with me putting cooking oil in it ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
But I think the PD150 will have leather alcantara seats? or leather & cruise, bigger wheels & the bodykit

PD130 will still be a nice car, and better specced than the Equivlent Leon PD130 'SE' I think they were.

maccyn

Mine has leather steering wheel, but not elsewhere, no cruise control. Maybe there was another edition (SE?) with these.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
But I think the PD150 will have leather alcantara seats? or leather & cruise, bigger wheels & the bodykit

PD130 will still be a nice car, and better specced than the Equivlent Leon PD130 'SE' I think they were.

not seen one with leather,nor would i want them.the cupra style seats are what i would prefer,as apposed to the arm chair ones in the SE etc,they just look unsupportive and van like.
not that many 130's about at the moment,seen one,but was put off by its stick on fuel filler cap and fox alloys :no:
still thinking a 110 will be the best option,but i know i'll end up playing with

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members