1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

The sound thats making me go insane

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3' started by Andy184, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Andy184

High pitched squeak? Metal on metal
    Maybe? Can he heard inside cockpit. Behind drivers side only, Sound only appears when driving, uneven road.. sometimes maybe a tiny whole in road to cause car to judder? Anything like that will make it happen.

Link to youtube vid is below as I cant upload the video. If anyone can help me, i would be ever so greatful. Mk3 Leon 184 DSG.

youtu.be/_eiIptbBJJA is the video.

#1 Andy184, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    Jimbobcook likes this.
  2. Andy184

Wow, nobody can help? Thanks.

3. KXL

KXL KXL

Can you specify the time where this squeak happened? As the only squeak I could hear sounded like tyre squeal under acceleration. Saying that however, when I had my Leon, there was some funny squek like sound from the drivers side or maybe near where the dash speaker was, turns out the dealer took out and resat the instrument cluster, and it went away...

4. Andy184

Yeh it wheel span thats that noise your referring to. Listen to the video, you will hear metal on metal or like a bird tweeting away , and its when ever I'm driving over any uneven road surface, had the entire suspension looked at by 3 separate garages and they all say my sus is practically brand new.. if your listening via phone, put phone to ears and youll hear the sounds.

5. SRGTD

SRGTD Active Member

Sorry, but I couldn’t hear anything unusual. I had the volume up on max on my iPad in a quiet room with no other distractions and my hearing’s pretty good. I heard the tyre squeal at around 1.00 min into the video clip that @KXL refers to, the indicators ticking and the characteristic engine note you get with a diesel, but no high pitched metal on metal squeaking noise.

MXP2090 likes this.
  6. Andy184

Let me get a time stamp, there is noise we have heard it lots of times, just garages are saying it could take many hours and thats going to cost a fortune. The noise is 0:16 - 0:21 seconds, and it makes that sound 15ish times in the entire video.

7. Andy184

Ehh, the mechanics, passengers can all hear it, this video picks it up loads of times haha.. wtf. Listen at the time stamp I said above.

8. Hawkers

Hawkers Active Member

Can't hear anything myself.

MXP2090 likes this.
  9. Andy184

0:45seconds the noise appears 4times then.. ehh how is no1 hearing it? Its not a noise from the engine ! Its the noise inside what appears to be the cabin. Many people have heard it via this video.

10. Andy184

So your telling me you cant hear that little noise when its driving? Sounds like sliding 2 coins together? Or a bird tweetin ..... lol wtf? .. its happening bad, ill just pay another £60 diagnostics to be told nothing again.

11. Andy184

0:30 for a few seconds it also does the sound a few times, some might say sounds like my keys jingling? WHICH ITS NOT. As i took my keyrings off and used single key

12. Andy184

From 12 seconds to 21 seconds the sound is quite easy to hear.. oh well. Thanks anyways

13. Andy184

I use a phone and put speaker to my ear as it is a a faint sound but its right behind me when driving.

14. Andy184

Maybe so, just weird how everyone on here says they cant hear it, yet others on facebook can? They're all like struts, top mount springs or w.e they are.. 2 garages on facebook messenger said they can hear what im describing but finding it would be a needle in a hay stack, they tell me to ignore it as its nothing mechanically wrong as ive had all the main things looked at. Sends me and my son who sits behind me mad does the noise. So **** knows.

15. Andy184

Say no more.

Attached Files:

16. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

Sound like pipes resonate or he
    sound like pipes rattle or heat shield.

17. Andy184

18. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

Possibly but difficult to tell from ipad.
    These noises killing me.
    Thats the turbo noise.
    Electric car will be perfect. I had before hardly any annoying noises.
    Same as gearboxes always rubbish that not a problem in electric cars.

19. Andy184

Mines not engine components.. this is more to middle back end. :(

20. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

How about splash shields plastic?
    That can do when resonate.
    Fairly rubbish fitted here and there.