The stealthier cupra 4 of SCN - now for sale!

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
sneak peak - 18x8 MOMO GTR

20120629192820.jpg

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
MOMO GTR 18x8" ET34 225/40-ZR18

Friday I found these on the net for £400. Tyres fitted were yokohama advan sports with 6-7mm thread left. Supposed to be pretty good, but I think they are two years old now.
They were painted gold and have a coat of laquer. One of them have scratches in the laquer.

On saturday I spent a couple of hours giving them a good layer of wax before I mounted them on the car.

dsc0698rh.jpg

dsc0700d.jpg

dsc0704e.jpg

dsc0705r.jpg

dsc0706m.jpg

dsc0709vm.jpg

dsc0712by.jpg

dsc0729m.jpg

dsc0731c.jpg

Going from ET38 to ET34 helped widen it a little. Still needs spacers though, at least at the rear. Will have som more pics up whem I wash the car! :)

Last edited:

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
didn't pass MOT due to the lowering springs weren't approved. Got the five documents needed and actually passed, so ride height and lowering is okay. But while at the control they wanted to check out the new wheels as well. They should pass, being within +/-5% of the original rolling circumference, and not changing the track with more than 15mm. And there's good clearance plus nothing sticks out ofc. Just the controller who wanted to be square I guess. They do that a lot.

Since there's mentioned no 18"dimension in the type approval part of my CoC, he now wants proof that an leon have been approved with 18s earlier. Or papers from the rim manufacturer mentioning my type of car.

Jesus. What an absolute ar5e.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
its more an case of how to interpret the laws. Using the very same laws I tried arguing for that they're legal.. Guess I'll just go another place with them. Everyone I've spoken to on the phone seems to agree with me..

btw I didn't get what you meant with adding that logo?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Really nice mate, they go really well. Dont change them now until snow arrives.

TIP: You used way to much polish/sealant on the wheels. Using too much doesnt allow it to bond properly so next time you do it you pea sized drops and really work it in. You will probably find protection wont last that long not doing it this way.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Loving the GTR's.

Keeping the subtle theme then yeah?!

Thanks, yeah.. If you can call golden wheels subtle. I call it a contrast braker :)

Really nice mate, they go really well. Dont change them now until snow arrives.

TIP: You used way to much polish/sealant on the wheels. Using too much doesnt allow it to bond properly so next time you do it you pea sized drops and really work it in. You will probably find protection wont last that long not doing it this way.

Thanks. Keeping these for the summer mate! But chances are I'll have a snowy pic up for you. Last time the ground was white I think was on June 2nd. :D So it shouldn't be long now..! :lol:

Thanks for the tip!
Thing is that I used an almost dried out old allround type car wax, as I thought it would be much better to apply something than nothing! Applying it was kinda difficult though, hence the crazy amounts! Apology accepted? :blink:

I even asked around for an dedicated wheel wax, but it was nowhere to be found. :(

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Cleaned for the weekend! :)
Finally removed last of the residue since the detail. :)

20120705140852.jpg

E: I should paint the lower inner wing / side skirt area.. :/

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.