The ultimate front splitter thread

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
does anyone know if the reiger splitter requires holes drilling into the original bumper?

I dont want to leave a mess when the splitter comes off afterwards.

thanks guys
I don't have a Reiger, I have a TRC splitter but I can almost 99% guarantee will need to be drilled into the bumper. The holes are on the underside though so they are completely hidden when its removed.

Zai

Jun 20, 2018
does anyone know if the reiger splitter requires holes drilling into the original bumper?

I dont want to leave a mess when the splitter comes off afterwards.

thanks guys
It needs drilling I'm affraid. At least for the facelift. See attached pdf for install instructions

Attachments

• Rieger_Front_splitter_Install_instructions.pdf
    402.2 KB · Views: 494

Deleted member 103408

All the front splitters I have looked at required holes drilled (for bolts or self tappers) and in some cases Glued as well.

I presume you are on a lease and if you check out the for sale section you will see lots of guys returning 280's and 290's and selling the splitter they had fitted and i have not seen anybody saying they had to pay a fine for the small holes.

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
fbbec206a1319f9383e44c30db212c4f.jpg

KSB Autostyling splitter for me. Pre drilled holes for easier fitting and bolts supplied (or you could use self tappers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glennc91

Nov 1, 2016
yeah I have just returned a 290 with a TRC splitter removed and it did look a bit of a mess under there. I tidied it up with rubber gromits but if they are extremely picky they could fine me. hopefully not. return time is always a worry.

thanks for all the info guys, I think the Reiger will be the way to go on the 300 as the TRC isnt made for that one yet.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
KSB Autostyling splitter for me. Pre drilled holes for easier fitting and bolts supplied (or you could use self tappers).

I'm with you mate, I would bolt for fear of the self tapping letting go at some point.

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
I'm with you mate, I would bolt for fear of the self tapping letting go at some point.

That was my worry hence using the bolts supplied. Check them every couple of weeks. Still solid though. No movement.

g_berserk

Smartass in training
Oct 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
fbbec206a1319f9383e44c30db212c4f.jpg

I couldn't find it in their online store, at least not for the Leon, is it for another car and adapted? the fitting looks spot on.

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
I couldn't find it in their online store, at least not for the Leon, is it for another car and adapted? the fitting looks spot on.

Website is in the process of being updated by all accounts. I got mine via the MK3 Leon Facebook page and a man called Keith Stanley who runs KSB Autostyling.

Reactions: Woody31

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
For anyone curious, I run a TRC splitter on a facelift with just chunky self rappers fitted, I've had it upto 160mph when I bought my private road and it survived!

I'm at a Straightliners top speed event next month so I'll see at what point, if any, they let go! Lol

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
For anyone curious, I run a TRC splitter on a facelift with just chunky self rappers fitted, I've had it upto 160mph when I bought my private road and it survived!

I'm at a Straightliners top speed event next month so I'll see at what point, if any, they let go! Lol
I've had self tappers let go on a TRC splitter at 180kmh. You must be using some crazy screws:fool:

Nora2004

Oct 15, 2017
I've had self tappers let go on a TRC splitter at 180kmh. You must be using some crazy screws:fool:
Gotta admit, I was a bit anxious the first few times I ran high speed with it, but luckily it's been ok, just used M8 self tapping roof screws and 3m adhesive tape!

However before the top speed runs I think I'll pull them out and replace them with nuts and bolts! Can't imagine a splitter ripping off at speed been much fun! Lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.