The ultimate front splitter thread

Deleted member 103408

As its going to be dark when he arrives do you think he would noticed if it fell off....

Liam

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Maxton Design got 2 new designs for the facelift Mk3 (3.5)
I’m torn between one of these 2 and the Rieger- anyone got one of these 2 above? If so what are they like to fit? I’ve heard that the Rieger fits like a glove and even uses the existing bumper holes for ease of fitment.

Can’t speak for the Maxton splitters but I recently fitted the Rieger one and it was a piece of cake. IMO it fits snug to the body and looks the business. I went for the gloss black one.
7c4035d125a8e1a0fc3ee08ef7393965.jpg

Reactions: rmason2005 and Liam

Benjyshwa

Jan 14, 2017
Can’t speak for the Maxton splitters but I recently fitted the Rieger one and it was a piece of cake. IMO it fits snug to the body and looks the business. I went for the gloss black one.

How does it fit, is it removable?

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body...cupra/front-splitter-v1-seat-leon-mk3.5-cupra

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body...cupra/front-splitter-v2-seat-leon-mk3.5-cupra

Maxton Design got 2 new designs for the facelift Mk3 (3.5)
I’m torn between one of these 2 and the Rieger- anyone got one of these 2 above? If so what are they like to fit? I’ve heard that the Rieger fits like a glove and even uses the existing bumper holes for ease of fitment.
I'm wondering if this would fit the carbon edition...

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/body...cupra/front-splitter-v2-seat-leon-mk3.5-cupra

Hogey

Jul 6, 2016
I dread to think how much a replacement R/Carbon splitter would cost

I can’t decide between the Rieger or the Triple R for my 2015 model. The reiger seems almost a bit too plain from the photos I’ve seen

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I dread to think how much a replacement R/Carbon splitter would cost

I can’t decide between the Rieger or the Triple R for my 2015 model. The reiger seems almost a bit too plain from the photos I’ve seen
Reigar for facelift, TRC for pre facelift

Deleted member 103408

Just to add into this conversation I went to a track day on Monday and met a very nice guy in a Golf MK7 Type R who had problems with his splitter. The issue he faced was that he went over a bump at speed and "It caused the Splitter to pull down and under the car". It did not come off but when he got back he took the splitter off as it looked like it was going to damage the front bumper. Personally I did over 140 and had no issues so can only assume this is down to being unlucky and or bad fit. Whatever you go for make sure its fitted snugly and that any gaps are filled with appropriate sealant to stop any problems.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members