Theft Alarm

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
Any ideas? My nearside door mirror stopped folding and the theft alarm started going off at all hours. Seat diagnostics found a faulty door mirror and interior motion sensor. Both replaced yesterday. Mirror is now fine. The alarm went off 3 times last night. The third time I had disabled the interior sensor as described by double clicking the key. Gonna ring dealer this morning. What else can be triggering the alarm. To save falling out with the neighbours, and so I can lock the car, what fuse powers the alarm klaxon? Thanks for any help you can give.

JimH

Cupra 300 ST DSG 4Drive
May 23, 2015
Norwich, UK
Could there be something alive in your car? Large spider, mouse, etc.? I've had this before ;-)

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
A spider crossed my mind, that's why I disabled the interior motion sensor, and the alarm still went off

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Must have been one big spider....or rat...is the interior alarm that sensitive? I thought it could only detect humans, and maybe pets (of the dog and cat kind).

IbizaNI

Mar 23, 2015
Newtownards, Northern Ireland
Must have been one big spider....or rat...is the interior alarm that sensitive? I thought it could only detect humans, and maybe pets (of the dog and cat kind).
My alarm went off the other day and walking around the outside I couldn't work out why, then got inside and seen the dashcam suction mount had fell off the windscreen and was dangling by the power cable, so I deducted it must've set it off even though the sensors don't seem to point towards the windscreen, there must've been enough vibrations to set the alarm off.

shaun-the-sheep

Oct 21, 2008
Sevenoaks
Like PM3, my nearside door mirror started to misbehave, then the alarm started going off at all times of the day, but never at night, strangely. The Cupra is presently in the dealers being sorted, but shortly before it went in it started giving me warnings that the battery was low when I switched on the ignition, and the interior lights and headlights wouldn't come on until the engine was running. When I took the car in I told them of this new development and so far all I've heard is that they're mystified by my car and have had to refer it to Seat Technical department. Hopefully I'll get it back soon, the Skoda Citigo isn't the same really...

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
Shaun.... My dealer was fantastic and eventually sorted the alarm issue. The mirror was a standard fix with a replacement. The first attempt with the alarm was unsuccessful, they changed some sensors, and when I got the car back home it was worse, going off within an hour. They had the car back on diagnostic for a few days, I think they involved a technical bod from Seat UK. They changed the alarm control unit I think in the end. All was good after that. I can't fault Seat. All these faults developed on the last day of my warranty on a Sunday, so initially contacted them after the warranty had expired and they covered all the costs.

shaun-the-sheep

Oct 21, 2008
Sevenoaks
Shaun.... My dealer was fantastic and eventually sorted the alarm issue. The mirror was a standard fix with a replacement. The first attempt with the alarm was unsuccessful, they changed some sensors, and when I got the car back home it was worse, going off within an hour. They had the car back on diagnostic for a few days, I think they involved a technical bod from Seat UK. They changed the alarm control unit I think in the end. All was good after that. I can't fault Seat. All these faults developed on the last day of my warranty on a Sunday, so initially contacted them after the warranty had expired and they covered all the costs.
Hi PM3,

thanks for that. I'm not cross with anyone. I realise that cars today are very complex beasts and the electronics can be flaky. I previously had the alarm go on my Mk 2 FR and that was sorted very quickly. The dealers have been upfront and kept me informed of what is going on. I'm just passing on my experiences as info for other members. As I said, I can't wait to get my Cupra back and the Citigo has made me appreciate it even more!

gof

Oct 10, 2016
Croatia
A spider crossed my mind, that's why I disabled the interior motion sensor, and the alarm still went off
How did you disable the motion sensor? I had alarm in my ‘17 FR which occasionally turned on but did not have the button for the motion sensor. Now I have ‘18 Cupra and also do not have the button but do have the alarm system.

From the pics on google it should be located on the b pillar on the drivers side, am I right?

PM3

Aug 19, 2016
Hampshire
How did you disable the motion sensor? I had alarm in my ‘17 FR which occasionally turned on but did not have the button for the motion sensor. Now I have ‘18 Cupra and also do not have the button but do have the alarm system.
I don't think you can disable the interior sensor on later models, there is certainly no button on mine which is 2015. When I was having my alarm issues I was having to leave the car unlocked, obviously I wouldn't recommend this but the alarm was going off at all hours day and night! Thankfully all sorted now though.

From the pics on google it should be located on the b pillar on the drivers side, am I right?

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK

Hi Gof

To disable the interior motion sensor.

Press the lock button, release and then immediately press the lock button again. You will need to do this each time you leave the car.

I think it was the Mk5 and Mk6 Golfs that had the button on the side panel for the Motion Sensor is memory serves me.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.