think i have clutch slip-advice

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
hey guys - car is ibiza mk4 130pd running around 170bhp 291lb/ft
i think my clutch is slipping...whenever i put on the power below 2000 RPM sometimes the revs go up, car slows down a bit then the revs drop and start rising again like normal and it pulls like a train :D

if i have clutch slip do i need to just replace the clutch? or do i need to to the stuff with flywheels etc?
just to let you know that im not planning on getting any more power out of the car for at least another 2 years (when the points come off my license)

sorry for my lack of technical knowledge!
and thanks in advnace for any help you can give me :)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i wouldn't say that's clutch slip...clutch slip usually feels like when you plant your foot and the engine revs but nothing happens, and then it carries on where it left off as it bites again (if that makes sense :confused:)

it could be, however, the way you say it slows down makes me think it may be something else :shrug:

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
Does sound like clutch slip to me. You'll be fine with just replacing the clutch unless you drive it for a prolonged period with it slipping in which case you may damage the fly wheel as well. Best to get it done soon if you can afford it and best to get an uprated one as if you replace it with standard then it's only a matter of time before it will start to happen again.

digby130?

pocket rocket
Aug 10, 2008
exeter/london
cool cheers for the responses!
i can only afford a new clutch atm...was going to go with sachs though..saw them for 125 on euro spare parts (something like that)
if the flywheel needs doing i might just turn the power down hahaha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise