Think my bottom end just went

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just got the car back from the garage, after having its valve stem seals done, after a 30mins of driving,
the engine sound if i missed geared it (which i didnt), then starting misfiring and makin funny knockin noise an kept cutting off... :cry:
How common are bottom ends to go on these cupras?
I know the valve seals were done with head on, im soo confused on why this has suddleny has happened!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
seals are under the springs so I hope it was all put back together properly or one could have 'dropped' with very painful results

fingers crossed

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
he showed me old valve seals, he had car running and it sounded ok, but i could hear a slight whine if i reveed it hard i just taught it was cambelt, did check the cambelt and it seemed intacked...can cambelt ever jumps its teeth on these?
Left car outside his garage so he guna check it him self!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
touching wood for ya it's something simple though

be interesting to see what's gone

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
If the two coil packs or 2 spark plugs went at same time would it cause the engine make a funny noise? it sound like a subaru now and rattling....

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Sounds like it could be a sparky problem. I've heard that sort of sound before on a car with a wet distributer and points. Yes it was a while ago lol.:)

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Mechnic investigating it now...cambelt seems fine he goes, he saying its abit loose but its not off its timming....
can a loose timing chain on right hand side have any effect on it...?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
i have a full set of valves if the heads not dead

I keep that in mind

dropped a valve then ??

not sure, he just removed spark plugs but 1st cyclinder spark plugs is half stuck in,bits of it are smashed where tip/electrode is, the ring hex part of the plug is stuck in.... think he guna use a camera and see what has happened from inside cyclinder ... :cry:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.