think my door handle's gonna break!

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
my drivers side door handle has gone really stiff and when i try to open it it doesnt always return back to the position when you pull it open if that makes sense lol....is there any way i can lubricate this or is this gonna be expensive?

thanks

mattcymru

Jan 31, 2007
its been too wet to try anything today, where would be best to spray it r is it likely to make it worse?

cuprablue

Nov 12, 2006
my drivers side door handle has gone really stiff and when i try to open it it doesnt always return back to the position when you pull it open if that makes sense lol....is there any way i can lubricate this or is this gonna be expensive?

thanks

My drivers side rear door did this before I bought the car. The garage just lubed it with something (premumably WD40) and it hasn't done it again since, which is over a year.

I'd open the handle and squirt it in the hinge from between door and handle.

cuprablue

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Yep as cuprablue says use the straw that comes with the can and spray it into the the gaps, make sure you wipe off any excess spray, you may need to open and close the handle a few times to work it into the joints.
Good luck mate.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
The handle pulls on a cable in the lock mechanism to release the catch, it could be getting caught in the mechanism. Personally, I would take the lock out (there's a small torx screw holding it in on the door edge, loosen the screw and wobble the lock til it comes out, dont unscrew all the way, its not necessary!), release and remove the handle and get at the lock mech with spray grease, not WD40 as that stuff isn't good enough.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members