Think my ibiza is DEAD :(

Triple D

Had an accident tonight on the way back from the gf house :(

coming down the M6 and slammed into a van in the fast lane as i couldnt stop in time, hit the van, both airbags went off, and the car carreered across all 3 lanes and came to a stop down the embankment.

From what i can see, both airbags went off, bumper is finished, fmic is finished, lights gone, bonnet gone windscreen gone. Will have to find out tomorrow where its gone to so i can go and see and get some pictures for you, and to also see the damage in daylight.

Basically what happened, was going down the M6 in the fast lane, traffic was quite quiet, looked down at my dash for maybe 3 seconds tops, looked back up and there was a van in my path, slammed the brakes on, realised at that point that i wasnt going to stop in time, and ended up hitting the back of the van, and from that point on i was just a passanger.

Was very lucky that i didnt hit any other vehicles, and that the car didnt roll when i went down the embankment.Whn the car stopped, the cabin was full of smoke, and it fooking stunk big time. My first action was right i need to get out, nose was killing, and that was about it, bit shuck up and shaken etc.

Luckily the van i hit wasnt too badly damaged from what i could see, bumper, and maybe the rear doors possibly,both the van occupants where ok. Got there details off the police, and they then carried on there journey down to London.

Am feeling absolutly gutted at the mo as you can understand.My car was my pride and joy assome of you all know. I really do hope that they repair my baby, but some how i think i have driven her for the last time unfortunately. :cry:

Not really much more to say, cant sleep as i feel sick, got a bloody sore nose, and am just gutted. Feel like such a twat aswell as it was my fault. I shouldnt have taken my eyes off the road, and i accept that. But the main thing is like everyone has told me so far is that both i and the others involved are ok, and that it could have been alot worse.

Moral of the story is that you live and learn by your mistakes, Not much more to say tbh.

Will get pics tomorrow once i know where the car is, and after i have called my insurance company.

Last edited by a moderator:

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
*hug*

i'll be up on sunday. your not hurt and thats all that matters. as i have said (many times) when walking away from a car, its only metal. ****ing expensive and hugly sentimental metal. but replacable all the same. your not. Go over to ranas tomorrow and let her fuss over you. take it easy and dont panic, everything wil be ok.

tho edit the post dan, take out anything on there which was mentioned and not declared. i think scn is the largest seat car club atm and insurance companies can and will check forums for things like this. but of course everything was declared so thats not a problem. :)

if i still had the leon i'd throw you the shed till you have a car sorted.

chin up wee man.
(hug)

norrie

Dec 29, 2006
Edinburgh
Bummer.:(

It's easily done.
How fast do you think you were travelling when you hit the van?
Hopefully the police wont look into it to much if the people in the van are okay.

Norrie.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
bad news mate. fingers crossed for your car.

most important bit though is your physically ok. metal can get sorted but somtimes people cant.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Sorry to hear that Dan - least you're ok but gutted about the car ... as others have said, i'd keep the finer details off here for reasons stated above.

Least you've put both hands up and not shirked it like a good many others might do. I'd edit the first post and remove the speed tho.

As Georgie said, get yourself over to Ranas' place and hole up there drinking hot drinks and get pampered - i guess the ego will heal before the nose, it's a good job your snout ain't bigger - then again by the sounds, if it was .... it would be 2 sizes smaller now!

gazjones

:cry: ah mate gutted. but least your ok and not seriously hurt! is this your fault in the insurance eye's or did they pull out into your lane as such. i know you must be devistated mate:(

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Bummer, at least everyone's OK though.

And as UncleFester says, fair play to you for admitting it was your fault.

By the way - you might want to change the wording in your sig :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Was going down the M6 in the fast lane at maybe 90, traffic was quite quiet, looked down at my dash for maybe 3 seconds tops, looked back up and there was a van in my path,

90mph is 40m/s - so that's some time to look away - we've all done it though

Triple D

:cry: ah mate gutted. but least your ok and not seriously hurt! is this your fault in the insurance eye's or did they pull out into your lane as such. i know you must be devistated mate:(

Im pretty sure, before i looked away the van was in the middle lane, as there was 2 lorries in both 1 & 2 and then when i looked up the van had just got into my lane and was just at the back of the lorry, think she was only doing maybe 60.
Just had no where to go, it was like a rolling road block. The only thing i could have done was try to stop and brace myself once i knew i was gonna hit the van.

Bloody airbags stink though big time, and the amount of smoke they give off.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
On a quiet motorway, no one should be doing 60 in the fast lane - wonder what was in lanes one and two ...... of course there's little point in questioning this when you weren't looking anyway :(

How much of this has been 'admitted / recorded' by the attending officers?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Sorry to hear about your car, but as I was saying to Rana last night the main thing is that you're ok. However you did make the RAC website though... :D

Hope that your mods are all declared as the insurance companies will use anything not to pay out and having the police involved probably won't help your case either. :(

Triple D

On a quiet motorway, no one should be doing 60 in the fast lane - wonder what was in lanes one and two ...... of course there's little point in questioning this when you weren't looking anyway :(

How much of this has been 'admitted / recorded' by the attending officers?

2 artics matey

minxycov

I am very surprised at how little injuries he had - went over when dan called me - was greeted by blue flashy lights everywhere :( then i saw the car way off the road...think it may take a while to get the shrubbery out of the engine too :( Am at work today - but have been given the afternoon off :( will have a look for a car for you today dan - I know you said that i shouldn't spend my cash on something silly...but i will try and get a robin reliant in mud brown (with alloys) for you to drive around in til u get your baby back ;)

new bumper anyone???

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple D

I am very surprised at how little injuries he had - went over when dan called me - was greeted by blue flashy lights everywhere :( then i saw the car way off the road...think it may take a while to get the shrubbery out of the engine too :( Am at work today - but have been given the afternoon off :( will have a look for a car for you today dan - I know you said that i shouldn't spend my cash on something silly...but i will try and get a robin reliant in mud brown (with alloys) for you to drive around in til u get your baby back ;)

new bumper anyone???

:lol: cheers hun.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I thought you were joking when i first got your text last night Spanny!

Anyway i have spoken to you and know about it all! Like i said on the phone, the main thing is you're ok

I know it's not much consolation at the moment but just remember, the car can be sorted and to be honest you're damn lucky to get away as scratch free as you did

Get on the phone as soon as you can and hopefully your insurance compnany will sort it out quickly, efficiently and without causing you too much stress

I know it doesn't help much at the moment but i know how you feel, i really do :cry:

Shout if you need me!

Topsey

Jan 21, 2007
Sorry to hear about your car. If it's as you say, sounds like it's ultimately down to some very dodgy lorry driving!
But on the positive side, it's the car that's being mourned not a human being.
Hope the insurance is kind to you.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.