Think my ibiza is DEAD :(

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Sorry to hear it's been written off Spanny, but then again, you were going to sell it anyway once repaired so maybe this is for the best

I kind of agree with a couple of other people here, i know how hard it is to have an accident and lose a car, i crashed my old Cupra and that was almost written off, they repaired it, but i did end up selling it on in the end! I don't think getting something slower is going to resolve anything, it'll only make you angry, trust me my Courtesy Car when my Cupra was being repaired was a 1.2 Polo and was just awful, truly truly awful

It's not about the speed really, as even a 1.2 isn't going to STOP you speeding or having an accident, it just takes a bit longer to get there, but in the mean time probably frustrate the :censored: out of you and then in turn make you angry, then you'll be speeding and be angry! I think you see my point, a car does what it's told to do regardless of the engine size, it just takes some longer than others to get there!

All i'm saying is, don't rush to make a decision like this even if it seems right at the moment

Make sure YOU get better and look after yourself, then think about what to do with the car!

Last edited:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
can i also add, CupraTgirl. your statement in your sig of

" Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth "

Now thats wrong, as if you share a bunk bed and sleep up top, then surely the person below can also share that true warmth...... am i right?

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Jeez Dan!! your not booking for an early retirement yet are we - thats the only time you should think about having such a downgrade! Remember, you need about a 50 yard run up and another few hundred yards to overtake something in a 1.2 - id call that more dangerous!

Whos givin you a lift to Pod then? If you have a 1.2 can i tow it down the strip? Power to weight means we would still beat a 1.2 or 1.4 Ibiza running on its own :lol:

Cheer up, get a nice newish car and start a fresh mate. Maybe not hybrid turbos quite yet but get something you can enjoy so you can get back into driving again!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
can i also add, CupraTgirl. your statement in your sig of

" Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth "

Now thats wrong, as if you share a bunk bed and sleep up top, then surely the person below can also share that true warmth...... am i right?

I would have thought its probably just the mattress that gets the full effect of this feeling, in this instance to be honest! I am slightly concerned though why anyone would be wetting the bed in the first place as they should be sleeping! So it either means they are being naughty and are not sleeping or they wet the bed whilst sleeping? :shrug:

The latter, i would be deeply concerned with and would suggest some fast treatment :lol:

Triple D

Jeez Dan!! your not booking for an early retirement yet are we - thats the only time you should think about having such a downgrade! Remember, you need about a 50 yard run up and another few hundred yards to overtake something in a 1.2 - id call that more dangerous!

Whos givin you a lift to Pod then? If you have a 1.2 can i tow it down the strip? Power to weight means we would still beat a 1.2 or 1.4 Ibiza running on its own :lol:

Cheer up, get a nice newish car and start a fresh mate. Maybe not hybrid turbos quite yet but get something you can enjoy so you can get back into driving again!

Will probably persuade Jordan to come to pod and Bunnin as Jordan now has a mk3 cupra. TBH im not fussed with the down grade, yeah im gonna miss the power and torque big time, but im not gonna be over taking anything in a hurry anyways. And for the times that i need to go anywhere ill get the mrs to drive in her cupra ;)

Maybe in a year or so when i have a year or 2's ncb then maybe ill start looking for something a tad more powerfull. And ill also be nearer 25 then aswell ;) so maybe even wait till then and get something even better :whistle:

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
I would have thought its probably just the mattress that gets the full effect of this feeling, in this instance to be honest! I am slightly concerned though why anyone would be wetting the bed in the first place as they should be sleeping! So it either means they are being naughty and are not sleeping or they wet the bed whilst sleeping? :shrug:

The latter, i would be deeply concerned with and would suggest some fast treatment :lol:

or they have some secret fetish ;):hide:

SPANNY..dude ya just feling a bit down mate, i promise you will NOT be able not to mod your next car, be it a 1.2, or 3ltr V6, you will end up getting bored and doing something..And as previously mentioned, a 1.2 is more dangerous, especially when you have been use to a little bit (and it was little) of poke, i nearly killed myself in the micra several times dude to lack of umph...i see ya point with financail colsolidation but why not just get a 1.6 or something, just so you can have a little fun if you want to..

Triple D

Sorry to hear it's been written off Spanny, but then again, you were going to sell it anyway once repaired so maybe this is for the best

I kind of agree with a couple of other people here, i know how hard it is to have an accident and lose a car, i crashed my old Cupra and that was almost written off, they repaired it, but i did end up selling it on in the end! I don't think getting something slower is going to resolve anything, it'll only make you angry, trust me my Courtesy Car when my Cupra was being repaired was a 1.2 Polo and was just awful, truly truly awful

It's not about the speed really, as even a 1.2 isn't going to STOP you speeding or having an accident, it just takes a bit longer to get there, but in the mean time probably frustrate the :censored: out of you and then in turn make you angry, then you'll be speeding and be angry! I think you see my point, a car does what it's told to do regardless of the engine size, it just takes some longer than others to get there!

All i'm saying is, don't rush to make a decision like this even if it seems right at the moment

Make sure YOU get better and look after yourself, then think about what to do with the car!

Yeah ok so a 1.2 isnt the fastest car out there :shrug: but with a group 2 insurance car ill be saving a tad on insurance maybe :whistle: and also the one im looking at has 0% apr over 5yrs, and 0 deposit for only 29.50 a week.

So the money ill be saving, ill be using to pay off my credit cards and then after a year ill beable to either A) trade it in and not have negative equity on the car as there will be no interest to pay, B) sell the car and look for something else a bit more sportier or C) buy a donkey to ride to work and back ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Just to echo othe peoples thoughts - it could of happend to anyone but unfortunetly it happend to you.

I bet there isnt a single person who hasnt had a slower moving vehicle pull out on them without looking or judging the closing rate of speed correctly.

mpm1987

Spanish Donkey
Mar 10, 2006
damn man, thats not good

mines for sale ya know, if ya interested??

at least you know the history of mine!

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Dan Im gutted for ya that car spec was fantastic. Well now thats said - where is the car cause i want some mods :)

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
at least your ok man... dont go lower thana 75 bhp if u can help it have to really put my foot down to overtake in mine.... (nearly made a dent in mine last night lol and a side of a car woops) but i stopped lucky me, not so lucky u.... or how about 2 1.2 engines in one car one in front and 1 in the rear?120bhp roughly? lol still a 1.2 !!!

Housey80

At the end of the day no one can tell you how you feel or how you're going to feel you've got to make you're own mind up. But bear in mind that dropping back to even a standard FR or similar after yours will feel like you've stepped back to a 1.2 anyway.

Personally I wouldn't want to drop engine power back so far as it will be frustrating even if you rarely choose to use it. Give yourself time and you'll get your confidence back, your friends will know when they need to push you that bit further. :)

Philosophical bit over now so all the best

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
my protected NCB seems even more invaluable after reading what you're going through mate

go for a tdi 100 mate the insurance should be do-able

or go for a smart and still have a turbo :)

Triple D

Dan Im gutted for ya that car spec was fantastic. Well now thats said - where is the car cause i want some mods :)

I have no idea, but ill try and find out for you..... everything is still on the car, even my forge strut brace at the front :cry: and all my wires and cables for my boost guage which i would like back so that i could sell my stuff i have in the garage. So there will be suspension on it, full non resonated milltek, brakes if they will still be any good, wheels had a few fresh scratches in them, fmic is scrap, maybe the top boost pipe but tbh i think thats about it. could probably salvage the gearbox with my uprated clutch in. TBH i dont want anything back off the car. Wouldnt bother with some of the other stuff though in the engine as the engine got shoved back, so could have damaged things attached to it :whistle:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
here u cun** Im getting well offended my 1.2 rocks I may not be able to overtake anyone, accelerate faster than a Lorry but I do get a good mpg and thats good for me. Anyway dont buy a 1.2 they r shite lol

Triple D

here u cun** Im getting well offended my 1.2 rocks I may not be able to overtake anyone, accelerate faster than a Lorry but I do get a good mpg and thats good for me. Anyway dont buy a 1.2 they r shite lol

I do hope this isnt directed at me young man:ban:

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
note the northerness lol, was meant ina joking loving way more towards richie who blatently just abused my choice of car lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.