Think of selling my 19 plate lux

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
i brought my 19 plate cupra lux in may and it’s a great car.

I have a problem though my 86 year old mother is moving near me and I need to move her and her wheel chair etc around and the cupra is a little small.

Is there much or a market for them at the moment?

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
With your car being so new, you’ll suffer quite a big hit in terms of depreciation - always the heaviest in the first year, although if you managed to get a decent discount when you bought the car, that would lessen the depreciation impact of what you could get for your car if you do sell it.

Depending on your personal circumstances (whether you’d be carrying other passengers at the same time as your elderly mother) and the size of the wheelchair, you may find the Cupra is plenty large enough. If it’s only you and your mother + wheelchair in the car, you can always put the back seats down if the wheelchair won’t fit in the boot space.

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010
I've seen 19 plates go for as low as £22k (not lux though) , so expect a rubbish trade in value at the sealers.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I've seen 19 plates go for as low as £22k (not lux though) , so expect a rubbish trade in value at the sealers.
That's because you could buy them brand new for £22k. That's what I paid for my Lux back in March. So if a none Lux is going for £22k 2nd hand after a plate change that's great!

After a quick search cheapest brand new factory ordered Lux is £23k for MY20. So 2nd hand prices are really good for selling.

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
There are some Cupra Lux in the Used Cars section on the Seat UK website of a similar age (registered April / May 2019) to the OP’s with a ticket price of around £24k. Assuming the dealer margin on a £24k car to be around 15% to cover overheads, cost of preparing the car for sale, their profit margin and any other associated costs, a dealer would’ve probably paid around £20k to £20.5k for a car retailing at £24k.

Selling privately is an option, but anyone considering spending £20k+ on a nearly new car may be more likely to buy through the dealer network. Plus, with a private sale, there’s the hassle of dealing with the tyre kickers and time wasters.

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Some dealers may offer to sell on your behalf. Free stock for them to sell and some free margin and finance income and might help you sell it if they can lend the customer the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.