1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Thinking about having a exeo later in the year

Discussion in 'Exeo & Exeo ST FAQ's (8T)' started by craig_v520v, Feb 18, 2015.

1. craig_v520v

craig_v520v Active Member

Hi been looking at cars as I need something bigger later in the year and for the money the exeo seems alot of car for the price . But just wondering how good they are to own any common faults ect and how nice to drive

sent from tapatalk 4.9.5 (the last good app tapatalk made)

2. savery

savery Active Member

I just "upgraded" from a BMW 330ci to an Exeo, and to be honest it is brilliant. The built quality is much more Audi-like, there's tonnes of kit thrown in, and once you get used to the odd rear end it looks nice as well.

Steve

3. flash061

flash061 Active Member

Pukka

I got my 2011 Sport Tech in January there, and I think it's one of the best cars I've driven. Even for the 143 engine, there is so much power and it just boosts you through the gears easy. The interior is a lovely place to be and there is good room on the inside. Down side to that, no where to put your right foot when on cruise control, but you can handle that like.

4. ajf3011

ajf3011 Active Member

I'd echo what the others have said, my experience of the Exeo has been overall positive, comfortable, refined with a great spec and hard to find anything giving better bang for your buck on the second hand market.

Only real let down is the fuel consumption isn't on a par with say an Octavia, not wallet drainingly bad but certainly not class leading.

My advice would be go for an ST with the highest spec you can find, you may not want all the toys but it'll definitely help future resale especially as the Exeo was never a great seller (probably due to Seat never really pushing the marketing in the UK).

I've never been disappointed with my choice, friends and family are all complimentary and after he first serviced it my mechanic said "it's a good motor", which from him is gushing praise!

5. Big Vinny

Big Vinny Active Member

I have raved about the reliability of my Exeo but I do have one reservation. That reservation is the quality of the paint finish. Mine is metallic black the same colour as our other Ibiza which has excellent quality paintwork. My Exeo has some small bubbling in the lacquer around the filler cap, some kind of inclusion on an A pillar and a small circular defect on the drivers side wing.

I mention this now as I parked near a metallic dark blue Exeo ST on an 11 plate this morning. The lacquer was peeling off the bonnet from a patch about 50cm in diameter.

The paint is definately not as good as my previous silver VW Touran. There said it its been on my mind !

6. patken

patken Active Member

I'm on my third exeo 170 sport tech a cheap audi with more spec than an audi for less money

7. BourneToRide

BourneToRide Active Member

Its a great car for the money, not much rear legroom but the rear seats have been sculpted to help.

Sat nav
    Bluetooth phone
    Bose sound system
    Leather seats
    Cruise control
    reversing sensors
    HID headlights
    LED DRL & rear lights
    Stop/Start
    regenerative braking (actually intelligent alternator)

Nothing to touch it for value

My Sport Tech Eco has just returned 90mpg at 50mph (roadworks) and 50 mpg at 90mph (autobahn) with cruise control on, level road, no wind etc

8. caldi

caldi Active Member

Is that a 141 ecomotive, its sounds better than my 143 for economy, I assume its a post 2012 model as it has DRLs

9. BourneToRide

BourneToRide Active Member

Yep '12 143 Sport Tech Ecomotive, 1 of only 48 in the country

#9 BourneToRide, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  10. Black2

Black2 Active Member

Very informative post as I too have been looking at one of these in estate form. From what I can gather from research is they are essentially an audi b7 with more toys and I think this is correct, the modernised diesel engines (cr?),the benefit of which seems to be that these do not suffer from oil pump drive failure.

They seem so well specced and are very cheap considering age, spec when compared to other similar vehicles.

Gareth