Thinking of Buying--------HELP PLZ!

GDM200

Hi Guys
want to replce our second car [honda civic 1.4i h/b] been looking at a Seat toledo 1.9 se tdi 110

2001 model year 69k miles

delear asking 3850 less what i get for honda

how good are these cars?

do the rust?

what should i look for?:

the honda has been superb! but as we have a fabia vrs thought id go diesel for second car to

Thanks

Deleted member 5241

Morning, welcome to the site. :)

Ok, one at a time...

how good are these cars? - Very, I've got one and its coming up for 100K miles now. Over 50 mpg average easily, even when booting it.

do they rust? - Mine hasn't, not even on the stone chips

what should i look for?: - Make sure the cambelt has been done, service history, meandering at 60 - 70 mph might mean worn wishbone bushes at the front and/or worn trailing arm bushes at the rear.

Clonking at the front over bumps is more thatn likely to be Antiroll bar bushes being shot. These three things are the only things that I have had to replace on mine in the last 25K miles!!

Wet carpet in the front left footwell usually means that teh pollen filter hasn't been fitted correctly and is an easy job to fix.

Make sire the aircon is working ok, you should feel the engine stutter when selecting AC on whilst driving, thats normal. Should blow ice cold from the vents. If no stutter you might have the end piece of the compressor missing, its a big job to replace and will shaft you tot he tune of £500+ for the compressor and labour plus regas.

Headlights aren' that good, a set of Philips Vision Plus' helps a lot, H1's and H7's from memory and can be got from fleabay cheaper than anywhere else.

They understeer like mad when pressing on, too much weight at the front end but apart from that excellent cars for the money.

HTH

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
Top class motor for the price
mine os the same car on an 04
had it 12 months and never done anything but service and polish it
came to it from a rover 400 tdi and the difference is amazing
can only recommend it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.