This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
well thats ur opinion. ever driven one?

its been proven that they can take the power anyway as that isnt the only one i know of

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
All I know is that when I test drove a DSG within a very short time I said I want one, coupled with the fact that 180ps in a small hatchback is IMO more than enough. I deffo want one.

I'm just a little concerned about the back end of the mk5 but I'm sure it will grow on me.

I've seen 2 mk5's now on the road but obviously they were poverty spec ones :(

Poverty

well thats ur opinion. ever driven one?

its been proven that they can take the power anyway as that isnt the only one i know of

The box is great and all but I prefer to change gears manually. Perhaps once im older and and drive a luxury vehicle I will go for the DSG box.

And whats been proven to take power. I have yet to see any cars with a DSG tuned to 600 plus BHP.

There is a reason after all why the likes of AMG only offer their models in auto transmission, because to make a gearbox that is smooth, easily driveable, and still be able to handle all that torque the AMG engines

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
im hardly old at 22. dsg aint an old man feature. its a youngster feature but not affordable for us yet. 1/4mile times are good with dsg

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Has any1 here actually seen how well this 1.4 actually delivers its power? check out some videos of standard 1.4 DSG golfs going for it on youtube. Ok so the golf seems maxed out at about 140mph however the Ibiza is way lighter than a golf, also I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find people who have modified the 1.4

As for size; cant people remember when they first brought out the Cupra R Leon with a 1.8t, every1 was like a 1.8 ?? is that it. But people don't actually realise how good the VAG group are at making engines, to get the same from a Renault/Citroen at the time u were talking 2.0 at least, even BMW's were beat with their 320i, not many companies were great to adding turbo's to cars. now its like the "new standard" what with emissions and stuff so VAG has got a huge head start.

Besides what with us all being owned by Porsche now (as of yesterday) maybe they will be more inclined to improve the seat range and take off the bottle neck VW + Audi.

Poverty

Has any1 here actually seen how well this 1.4 actually delivers its power? check out some videos of standard 1.4 DSG golfs going for it on youtube. Ok so the golf seems maxed out at about 140mph however the Ibiza is way lighter than a golf, also I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find people who have modified the 1.4

As for size; cant people remember when they first brought out the Cupra R Leon with a 1.8t, every1 was like a 1.8 ?? is that it. But people don't actually realise how good the VAG group are at making engines, to get the same from a Renault/Citroen at the time u were talking 2.0 at least, even BMW's were beat with their 320i, not many companies were great to adding turbo's to cars. now its like the "new standard" what with emissions and stuff so VAG has got a huge head start.

Besides what with us all being owned by Porsche now (as of yesterday) maybe they will be more inclined to improve the seat range and take off the bottle neck VW + Audi.

Early indications suggest that porsche ownership will actually stifle the production/expansion of fast audi models, they are not keen on audi developing more cars such as the audi R8 which is better than the 911.

And its not really to compare the turbo VAG engines to that of the competition who tried to produce similiar power whilst being NA.

VAG engines are great though, dont know why anyone ever scoffed at a 1.8T though.

I wonder how this supposed updated 1.4 TSI performs. Surely it must be cleaner and be smoother than the 2.0TFSI EA888 to for it to get the nod over the 2.0T. Alot of people slated the "old" 1.4TSI for its noise and lack of lowdown grunt.

Still hoping for a 2.0TFSI ibiza though, purely because of the already existing tuning applications, which should be cheaper than tuning the 1.4 TSI.

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
well the yellow picture looks great

i saw a few ibiza's in majorca this week, they looked great especially in black and red

i read in top gear magazine this week in spain if the ibiza cupra is the bocanegra which short of the visual side differing to an extent it will be sensational, and it was rated as the best upcoming hot hatch. i nearly fell over at the fact top gear were praising a seat:-o

G!zmond0

The 1.4 power distribution is just stunning:roflmao:

The thought of 1.6 or 1.4 with DSG makes me kind of :repuke:

G!zmond0

Take it easy ENTHUSIAST:hide:.This is the CUPRA thread.
Exactly how enthusiastic can you be in a 1.4 liter with DSG:roflmao:

1.6 bi-turbo with manual should be interesting

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Take it easy ENTHUSIAST:hide:.This is the CUPRA thread.
Exactly how enthusiastic can you be in a 1.4 liter with DSG:roflmao:

OMG you're such a "CC" snob, Have you never driven one of these oh so rubbish 1.4 engines ?

IMO a 1.4 twin turbo 180 will be plenty and the DSG boxes that I have driven (one of them was a TDI 105ps) were all fantastic

Rather than slag off something that you have never seen let alone driven, why don't you go to your garden shed and set about making one of these 1.6 bi-turbo engines that you talk of :clap:

Then you can come on here and get some respect from us

T. Spark

Just as much as he isnt allowed to slate it, how can you say its going to be great? The idea of this thread from what I can gather is talk about it. If he doesnt like the idea of the engine then so be it, if your happy with a 1.4 DSG that you have even seen or driven yet either then so be it.

How someone can slate using the fact that he hasnt seen or driven it when its not even out yet is behind me.

The 1.4 DSG could be a $hitter you dont know that, neither does he. Not directed towards anyone directly, however if your not bothered about such things as CC then why have "20 valves inside" under ya siggy? ;)

8v FTW :D

G!zmond0

Just as much as he isnt allowed to slate it, how can you say its going to be great? The idea of this thread from what I can gather is talk about it. If he doesnt like the idea of the engine then so be it, if your happy with a 1.4 DSG that you have even seen or driven yet either then so be it.

How someone can slate using the fact that he hasnt seen or driven it when its not even out yet is behind me.

The 1.4 DSG could be a $hitter you dont know that, neither does he. Not directed towards anyone directly, however if your not bothered about such things as CC then why have "20 valves inside" under ya siggy? ;)

8v FTW :D

:coolthumb

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
T. Spark;2078283 if your not bothered about such things as CC then why have "20 valves inside" under ya siggy? ;)[/QUOTE said:
^^^^because 20 valves inside is a fact, people slating 1.4 twin turbo's that are not even out yet is just attention seeking

think about this. the 1.4 twin turbo is going to be the same power as the 20vt 180 and cos it's a 1.4 it will be a lighter unit, we already know that the mk5 has a lighter body :think:

I have driven DSG's and they are great, I'm guessing that G!smondoO hasn't.................................waits for "oh yes I have and it was soooooooooo rubbish

WHATEVER!

G!zmond0

I had "TOUAREG" you know,there is nothing wrong with AT it's just not for sports cars.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.