This is the new Ibiza Cupra!

bizzaboy

My (old) 1989 Renault 5 GT Turbo - 1.4 Turbocharged engine - Mildly modified - 0-60 in 6.5 seconds!
If an engine setup almost 20 years old can achieve that kind of performance, then come 2008/2009, with 20 EXTRA years of research and development (+ technology) to play with, you'd have thought the engineers could work wonders with a 1400CC engine as a base.

Anyway, until the PERFORMANCE Mk5 Ibiza's roll out of the factory and appear at a dealership near you #IN THE FLESH (or metal ;) ), all this talk is just speculation.

At this time I'm very happy with my Mk4 Ibiza and am not too bothered about trading in for a Mk5, unless looks/performance of the new car turn out to be an outstanding combination!!

Peace out! :)

QuietQuackers

Feb 14, 2007
Cheshire
My (old) 1989 Renault 5 GT Turbo - 1.4 Turbocharged engine - Mildly modified - 0-60 in 6.5 seconds!
If an engine setup almost 20 years old can achieve that kind of performance, then come 2008/2009, with 20 EXTRA years of research and development (+ technology) to play with, you'd have thought the engineers could work wonders with a 1400CC engine as a base.

The Renault 5 GT Turbo only weighed 850kg

bizzaboy

Still, it was 1.4 Turbocharged, and STILL IS faster than the majority of cars that roll out of the factories these days (at a fraction of the cost of modern "performance cars" too).

...Alot more fun than the generic 5HIT that we are forced to live with these days also! :)

The point I was making was that with todays technology there is alot they can do with the "smaller" engines. However, until the actual cars appear at the dealerships, this whole discussion is hot air.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004

T. Spark

Im not saying a DSG is a bad thing. Just saying if someone isnt a fan and someone is of the new Cupra then so be it, giz d00d wasnt having ago at people for liking that set up, just saying he/she/it doesnt like it. However people feel the need to have ago at him for what he thinks/says. Puzzles me.

In regards to the Turbo 5, yes and when you crash you die in it. End of. Tin can.

phpgear

Vtec addict
Aug 11, 2007
wolves
www.phpgear.net
Looks like Seat are doing to the Cupra what Honda just did to the Type-R. Make an uglier car that has just about zero improvements and from what people are saying not much room for potential performance upgrades either :(

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Looks like Seat are doing to the Cupra what Honda just did to the Type-R. Make an uglier car that has just about zero improvements and from what people are saying not much room for potential performance upgrades either :(

Yep, Just like the EP3 is WAY better than the FN2. The MK4 will 'probably' still be better than the MK5. :D

Cant say the EP3 is better than the FD2 CTR though! :D

Poverty

the new ibiza will kick the doors off the old one chassis wise, but engine wise I have my concerns. Still it should be a nice car at 14k.

G!zmond0

:doh: the rally versions?? are they electronic AT too:fool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

DSG isnt a real auto though guys, and generally the exotic sports cars will have some sort of dual clutch semi auto transmission, but all the hardcore track cars are still manual transmission 90% of the time.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
DSG is a one of a kind and possibly the best blend of the 2

until you try one don't knock it as i would have one tomorrow

not only better than a manual or auto but faster too

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.